1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Official " Are you ready for the season" thread

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Big Nate's Plowing, Oct 19, 2003.

Are you ready for the upcoming snow season, or are you lagging still

Poll closed Nov 8, 2003.
  1. 100% Ready to rock and roll

18 vote(s)
  2. Major work to be done yet

12 vote(s)
  3. Some work

24 vote(s)
  4. Few little odds and ends to tie up yet

31 vote(s)
  5. Why worry sooo early, I wait until we get the first storm to prepare

3 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Big Nate's Plowing

Big Nate's Plowing PlowSite.com Addict

title says it all, are you ready for the 2003-2004 season yet? feel free to post and vote.

:edit: poll is mutiple choice
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2003
  2. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

Im Ready to go just need some snow :drinkup:
  3. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Actually its time to get geared up. I say this because there was actually snow accumulating on the grass and on cars for a few hours this afternoon today in CT and Mass. Winters a knocking already.

4. sno-mover

sno-mover Senior Member

I need a plow:D
  5. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

If it snows tomorrow I am 99% ready with 1 truck. I just need to throw in the second battery.

The other truck is still under construction. The only major job is to add the plow lights and wiring. I need to change out the hoses and couplers. Maybe a little fine tuning on the controls.
    After this weekend, everything major has been pretty well rebuilt, plow mount and A-frame.

So far everything is looking good here.

Now if it will only snow
    Mark K
  6. 3dbbok

3dbbok Junior Member
    from IL

Ready to rock and roll. :nod:
  7. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Im ready! Had the plow fixed the beginning of this week and the other day I put a new AC Delco battery in my truck, the most heavy duty one possible. It has 1000 cranking amps, and 850 cold cranking amps. Truck spins over very fast now! The battery that was in there was a couple years old and was a cheap namebrand, I think it was an Electro. I have nothing else left to do to be prepared. Timbrens are in too! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow...Mike :waving:

EDIT: Nattery should have meant battery. :eek: :D Hehe
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2003
  8. Adams plowing

Adams plowing Senior Member

Mike where did ya pick up a nattery??? never seen one of those lol j/k :drinkup:
  9. Snow Jaw

Snow Jaw Senior Member

YEAH ready to hit snow

yeah am getting ready for snow busting... just need to find me a spot to plow..
    am just in a new city I move from the far county living.

My web page.. :drinkup: :drinkup:
  10. wyldman

wyldman Member

All ready to go here.Not much to do this year.
  11. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

HEAVY HEAVY HEAVY Frost here today. Temps around or below 30 degrees and lots of slippery spots. I 84 was full of slippers and sliders with accidents everywhere according to the traffic guys on the radio.

12. ProSno

ProSno Senior Member

Stiil got some major things to take care of, but to me if a truck hasnt been greased yet its a major thing. How many of us no matter how prepared we gwt always feel that your not ready enough? Guess its just a snow thing-they wouldnt understand:dizzy:
  13. Hubjeep

Hubjeep Senior Member

What timing... last nite I changed the oil in the Jeep, slapped on a new muffler (when I saw the tailpipe was rusted through too), going to get tailpipe now. The only thing left to do is check the alternator, when I started the Jeep it was frozen. I had to break it free with a wrench on the pulley (it moans a little) :realmad:

-John :cool:
  14. griffithtlc

griffithtlc Senior Member

I just got done sandblasting the bad spots on our 80 chev, and the plow, so we just have to squirt the plow with yellow tonight, and give the Chev a shot of viper blue. It's gonna look nice:D Other than that, let it snow!:yow!:
  15. EZSnow

EZSnow Senior Member

wasn't sure if not having a plow on my truck qualifies as a "loose end" or "major work"

16. J.Henderson

J.Henderson Senior Member

I have to stake a few of my accounts while the ground is still soft. I also need a tuneup on the Dodge. Other than that, I am ready.
  17. Joe3113

Joe3113 Member

Just need to add a snow deflector to my plow other wise the trucks and plows are ready for it to snow.
  18. Little Jay

Little Jay Senior Member

no! not ready!
    if there weren't so many lowballers around maybe i could afford to replace some of my older trucks with new stuff.
    the 'to-do' list is getting shorter but i would like to have all the trucks in perfect condition before i send guys out in them.
    in fact. i shouldnt be here typing and reading, i should be out welding...
  19. jt5019

jt5019 Senior Member

With all the rain we had this season we are still to busy mowing and starting leaf clean ups.The plows are pretty much set, havnt hooked them up yet to make sure though. and the sander and snow blowers we still have to pick up from storage.I need to do a brake job on one of the trucks and puck shocks on the older one (which shouldnt take long).Other wise im ready :dizzy:
  20. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Just changed the hydraulic fluid - now It just has to go on the truck for the up/down/left/right test. Then I can try it on all the water on the roads. If that rain were to be snow we would be far beyond our keesters in snow. FAR.