1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Official 2011/2012 Central Indiana Snow Thread

Discussion in 'Weather' started by mullis56, Oct 24, 2011.

1. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Alright I will start the new one for the upcoming winter! Here is the official 2011/2012 snow removal thread, join in and let's hope for a good winter for all of us.

2. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Bump this to the top for Jack Frost being here the last few mornings!

3. phillie

phillie Member
    from indy

Ya, cant wait to get started.. Im pretty sure I'll be subbing this year, but my season is still unknown. 1 thing I do know is I will be pushing snow one way or another. haha

4. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Bump it up boys, it will be here soon enough!

5. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

Lookin forward to it. This is my first year back plowing since winter of 07/08.

6. njstang87

njstang87 Junior Member

Hey guys. Did a search for "Indiana" and came across this. Glad to see some locals. Quick question. I need a solenoid for my Meyer E47 pump. Where is a good place to get snow plow parts in the Indianapolis area? Thank you

7. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

Tebco on shelby st. on the near southside has a lot of aftermarket meyer parts, also if you go to meyers website and search dealers you can find the closest one, I know there is also a dealer on bluff rd north of troy just can't remember the name

8. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

I always use Plainfield Power Equipment. They have always been very helpful and have lots of parts in stock.

9. Indy

Indy Senior Member

TIC TOC< TIC TOC< can't be long now !!!payup

10. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

Just needs to hold off a couple more weeks. New Tires and Ball Joints next week. Did get a fresh coat of paint on the Plow last week though.

11. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

I'd guess were looking at another 2-3 weeks before we start to see any snow, who the hell really knows tho, any forcast past about 3 days out is pretty much worthless

12. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

In Indiana yes. But they all do agree that it will snow this season

13. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

Agreed! I like this guys website, he's partial to the northern plains region, but he always has an early heads up on upcoming snow storms across the US http://snowday.community.officelive.com/default.aspx. Pretty good long range winter outlook too, he thinks we will have 10+ inches above average snowfall this winter

14. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

I have also seen where some are predicting at least two storms of 10+ inches. That would be a welcome change from the usual 3-5 in storms.

15. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Wondering why you would want 10+ inch storms. It's hard on equipment and takes way to long to plow.

16. indplstim

indplstim Senior Member

Once a year or so can be fun, for some guys it can mean more money as well, now if your on the sidewalk crew, then you hate it

17. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

Yeah it is hard on equipment but it would make it easier for the company I plow for so we could have all 4 trucks plowing instead of just two. We would profit a lot better from at least one large storm then a lot of little ones.

18. plowfever

plowfever Senior Member

My grandpa says the almanac is saying a big storm mid December with a bunch of snow. I am pumped to use my new skid steer and pro tech pusher. Do you guys run a blade along with your pusher? This is my only snow removal equipment so I want to be as efficient as possible. I wanted to buy a 9' Kage system but wasn't in the budget this year. I'm thinking I may convert one of my old western plows so I can use it one the skid. I'm just not sure if that would work right.

19. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

I know of a few people that run old truck plows on skid steers and they seem to do just fine. We run 10' push boxes on our two Kubota tractors for some of our larger lots.

20. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

Hey! Im waiting too, glad to see we got a new thread going, this is my first year, I am as much nervous as excited!!