1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Official 08 HD pics

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by William B., Sep 28, 2006.

1. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

2. salopez

salopez Senior Member

I like it...plus it looks pretty easy to remove that huge bumper and make a nice new one...
  3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Hope that Fashia cuts easy. Lots of trim work to put a plow on that!
  4. Jon Geer

Jon Geer Member

I should have waited.:cry: :cry: :realmad:
  5. Bad Luck

Bad Luck Senior Member

Wow! :dizzy:

I thought they looked cheesy when the pics of teh 1/2 tons came out....

...I want one.
  6. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

i like them they look way better then what fords going to have and im still looking to see if dodge will change anything
  7. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Guys
    As most of you know I work for Gm at the Pontiac Mi truck plant. We build full size and the HD trucks. All I can say are the pictures don't do the truck an justice. They are alot better looking in person. We will start building in Jan, so stay tuned.

Regards Mike
  8. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Not really feeling any love for the styling of either from those photos. I'm sure they're clearly superior trucks, but I'll stick with my 2000's styling any day.
  9. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Hey Mike, is the front end really that low?

10. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

First off, i like it because its finally a redesign for mainly the GMC's (which have looked the same since 2000). I think both Chevy and GMC are going in the right direction. ... but, the styling doesnt totally appeal to me. I cant stand the look of the rear fenders on the Z71 package. Looks to me like the imports, Titan or Tacoma.
    Second, just like the interior on the new tahoes and 'burbans the radio and temp controls are set so low you actually have to look down to see what your doing.
    Third, on the dually, why is GM still using the damn 16" wheels. Personally i love the way the 19" wheels look on the dually Fords. C'mon fill up those huge wheel wells!

And like Basher said...looks like a lot of cutting will be needed on those lower valances to hook up a plow
    Dont get me wrong if it came down to it, i would buy one of these trucks over any other brand any day...just throwing in my opinion. :alien:
  11. flykelley

Hi Will
    I have not seen a 2500 Hd yet but the 1/2 ton 4x4 has a height of about 14 inchs from the tow hooks to the ground. I belive it's about the same as the current truck.

Regards Mike
  12. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

The link of the pict's in this thread has a pict which claims to be a 2500hd. Given this true the nose reflects the new model Yukon's, Tahoe's, Suburban's, etc. It is an >extremely< low front end which looks good on these vehicles. I suspect based on the photos and current trucks on the show room floor they had no consideration for putting a plow on these trucks or doing much more than street driving.
  13. JeffNY

JeffNY Senior Member

glad I jumped on the Classic.
  14. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Got another question for ya Mike. Do you know if GM has any plans of doing a 1 ton SRW in an extend cab/short bed configuration like Ford and Dodge have out now?

15. flykelley

Hi Will
    I don't know but ask around at work and let you know.

Regards Mike
  16. Favatts

Favatts Member
    from CNY

It looks like the valance is very low on these new trucks. There is not that much plastic below the tow hooks on my 04. I hope the plows hook up good to these trucks. Other than that I like it. Must be you can get a Z71 option on the 2500 HD's, as it shows on the side of the truck in the picture. That was not and option before on the HD's was it?

17. jbone

jbone Senior Member

X2!!! I know a few people who are dying to find out. Including myself:) It will take some getting used to this body styling but everytime I see them I like em more and more
  18. Ripple

Ripple Member

These are the 07's right?

Not the 08's!
  19. flykelley

I will not have a naswer till next week. The guy at our plant who is Mr GMT 900 os off till next week.

Regards Mike
  20. flykelley

Since this darn computer for some reason will not let me edit my last post I will repost it. The guy who is Mr GM900 is off work till next week, I will have a answer sometime next week and will post it then.

Regards Mike