1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

office entrance makeover

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by IPLOWSNO, Dec 2, 2010.

1. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

just got done redoing the office main entrance well i guess the whole building haha

long story short i have been in this building since i was 20,i am no longer twenty hahaha

so 10 years ago the owner was my bosssississ dad who originally hired me as a kid.asked me to build a front handicap ramp,

at first i was hoping pressure treated would of been good enough,but he wanted block,oh goody seeing as i am a carpenter. so i drew a pic and built it , it took 2 months and alot of assbustin labor and tons of concrete for a first time it came out good enough to get paid ,

if ya look in the middle bay that is the waterfall that i built using the original stair treads to cascade the water down, hell no i wasn't busting that **** out i made it a sarcofagus out of concrete lol work smarter not harder

so fast forward to 2 months ago, he calls and says design a roof, and can i pull it off before winter, i am an army of none, its just me myself and i when i work so keep that in mind if i use help i point it out, because they usually screw something up haha

so anyway i drew a pic and sent it to him and he said cool. well the wood i was gonna use
    came in all waney so i made my own beams out of 2x10's time was of the essence,

this doesnt look anything like the pic i drew btw at first i was gonna do the valance with black roof metal. he said he didn't want metal so i went with wood and did what i felt looked right. first one of these i have built how do i know right hahaha

well anyway she is almost done,

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

i built the entire thing at home, installed it onsite and trimmed it in place after premaking it in advance, it grew 3/8's of an '' on the trip down there hahaha assembling10'off the ground is not as easy as at knee high, remember i am by myself . oh he thinks its too fancy.

i am gonna drive 18 wheelers or something easier there has got to be easier ways to make a living lol

2. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

looks dope man

3. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Looks awesome. Great job Thumbs Up

4. BlackIrish

BlackIrish Senior Member

You got skills.
    Nice job.

5. Dan85

Dan85 Senior Member

Looks Really Good! Carpentry seems like it's definitely your thing!

6. White Gardens

White Gardens 2000 Club Member

Very nice.

7. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

To fancy really? It looks great

8. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Looks very good. Blends great with the brick.

9. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Doesn't look square. Are you sure you know what you're doing?

10. skidooer

skidooer Senior Member

very nice job

11. SDP Hauling

SDP Hauling Senior Member

nicely done

12. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Great work, looks very nice. Cool brick building too.

13. IPLOWSNO

thanks guys very appreciated, and its 3/8's out of square lol i knew a trained eye could see it.

when glue is drying and your trying to assemble things don't always go as planned.

but i made it before the snow lol barely i might add, it hit last night hahaha

14. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

Glad you took my comment the right way, just messing with ya :D You did a really nice job! It looks amazazing.

15. IPLOWSNO

really it is hahaha i point out my mistakes its the only way you learn lol its how ya fix them that counts

16. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

Another carpenter here. is it an epdm roof? did you pitch it away or towards? how did you flash to the brick? lead? There was a company local to me called Architectural Glazing Technologies, they built an entryway out of glass. It pitches back to the building, the drainage system on it is very interesting.

too bad on no metal, oxidized copper would have been very nice.

17. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

are you on the woodworking forum as well. I think I saw the progression of this at your home.

18. JohnnyRoyale

JohnnyRoyale 2000 Club Member

Nice job...
    But what's a sarcofagus?

19. hammerstein

hammerstein Senior Member

Very nice work. What are you doing next summer ?

20. ddb maine

ddb maine Senior Member

I would assume he is refering to leaving the stairs in place and building on top of them creating a box. A sarcofagus is a decorative tomb, box, casket, displayed above ground.

He used the existing stair treads to run water down, build the stone up on the two sides. The original stairs were up the front I would assume.