1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

office buildings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by mulchmonkey2000, Dec 8, 2002.

1. mulchmonkey2000

mulchmonkey2000 Senior Member

Hey guys, did a search and found a few things but not exactly what i was looking for. I had an owner of a office building contact me about plowing a lot he just bought. This last storm he plowed the lot himself but want to contract it out along with summer lawn/landscaping maintance. I usually plow my commercial lots on a per push basis. Usually if we get a 8" storm during business hours for example, i'll go out after 3" and plow the lot then go back after or towards the end of the storm and plow again, charging them twice. This office building owner would like a price per push for the whole lot and wants to know what i'ld charge to just come in and clear out the main drive during business hours since i can't get to where the cars are parked. Since the parking area is about 1/2 the lot compared to the main drive areas would i just charge for 1/2 of my per push charge and then when the storm is over charge a full price for the whole lot? I think this is right, just wanting to make sure. thanks in advance:waving:
  2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

Thats pretty much how i would do it, just be sure that he knows that, my customers dont have a problems paying two or more times in the event of a larger storm. Just so long as their customers are happy, they are happy. <B>Clean lot = Happy (paying) Customers</B>