1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Office buildings parking lots

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by flykelley, May 22, 2004.

1. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Ok Guys
    I just signed my first contract of the year. Its a doctors office,and its around alot of other office buildings.

I would like to bid the other buildings because they are close,but I can't find out how to get ahold of the owners. They all have signs for rent but the numbers turn out to be a broker. Has anyone ever tryed to track down a owner and if so how did you do this?

Thanks Mike

2. parrothead

parrothead Senior Member

get the address and go to the county recorders office, they should be able to tell you.

3. wfd44

wfd44 Senior Member
    from Maine

Or try town hall. Somebody is paying taxes on it.

4. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

Call the number on the sign's and ask to be put in tuch with the owner.

5. SIPLOWGUY

SIPLOWGUY Senior Member

If you go to Borough Hall (or Town Hall) that is public information.

6. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Search the county ( Internet ) the buildings are in. I bet there is a county web site with tax/owner info on it. Some even tell you who holds the mortgage and how much was paid for the building.
    Get the posted address cause that's how they list the properties.

7. Dwan

Dwan Senior Member

True you could go through the city, county, or state agencys or you could higher a private investagator to serch for the owner, take 8X10 glosy pictures fo ware he lives then search for a phone# to go with the address.
    Or you could use your cell phone from in the parking lot and just call the number on the sign in front of you and ask for an apointment. Sure seems everyone wants to do things the hard way. if that don't work then you could do the other things sugested.

8. kl0an

kl0an Senior Member

Or Jimmy the lock on the building then run and hide.. After the cops respond to the alarm, the owner will show up, then you make your move.. Make sure you remove the ski mask first though..

9. Snowboy9999

Snowboy9999 Junior Member

The leasing agent knows who the owner (or property manager) is. I usually call them up and say something like:

"Hi, I am a snow removal contractor and I do the snow removal for the building right next to the one your leasing. I'm trying to track down the owner or property manager because if I can do all these buildings together, everyone will get better service, do you have that information?"

9 times out of 10 they give it to me. Also, are you sure that the leasing company isn't also the property manager? This is the case in many properties I deal with.

10. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Snowboy
    I don't know if they are one and the same,but next week I'm going to be making phone calls and sending out letters to the buildings. Hopefully I will get some more work. Thanks for all the insight.

Regards Mike