1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

offering services by fax to replace

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by AintNoFun, Dec 28, 2004.

1. AintNoFun

AintNoFun Senior Member

i got 2 calls from two different condo associations who wanted a new snow plowing company asap... it got me thinking how many other managers and associations are unhappy with their current providers. I wanted to send out a fax/letter to some local places. Just wondering if anyone has a similar letter i can go off of. my brain is shot from the past couple days, not to mention i broke my ankle the other day.. so if anyone has any ideas on where to start, let me know. just something brief that will catch the eye.... thanks
  2. daninline

daninline Senior Member

Unsolicited faxes are a big no no I have heard people going to court over this as I think there is fine if someone wanted to really complain about it.
  3. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Condos are difficult to do for a number of reasons:
    1) People come and go at different times, difficult to clear parking areas
    2) Condos are typically tight on space to "pile" snow
    3) Condo owners have a history of filing insurance claims against contractors as well as their own condo association. For snow removal contractors they go for damage to vehicle and slip and fall
    4) Damage to grounds: Condo Managers are big on gettting the plowing contractor to restore all damaged turf and plants.
    5) Carpet damage due to excessive salt

Good luck dealing with condos.
  4. Metro Lawn

Metro Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I have done this for another of my businesses with good results. I would think it would work in this case too. We don't advertise for snow, since we have more work than we can handle most of the time. I did try it with the lawn biz too, with no results. I guess it is all in how you do it.
  5. NJ Plowman

NJ Plowman Senior Member

Jersey is bad on sending unsolicited faxes, there are better ways to do it. Lots of ordinances against it. PM me and we can go over a few methods. Where in Jersey are you?