1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Offer New Things to Make your Plow Truck Better.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Cosmic Charlie, Mar 10, 2011.

1. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie Senior Member

Just saying:

I'm tired of shifting from Drive to Reverse and back to Drive - maybe a push button on the dash would be easier & quicker for shifting ...

How about an electric FRONT De-ice on the bottom of the windshield to prevent ICE build up under the wiper rest areas ?

I know ... but - I want to be in charge of everything :mad:

And drains in the door pockets ...

And Brake Lines & Tranny lines that don't rot out

2. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I just coat my lines with Fluid film for the winter :)
  3. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Do you know that shifting back and forth on the tree or a center console is the same as pushing a button. There is no cable going down to the tranny to change gears anymore
  4. mayhem

mayhem PlowSite.com Addict
    from Peru MA

Buy a 56 Packard.

Buy a Subaru

Use a drill. Wait, in the door pockets? Spilling alot of coffee or something?

I'm 100% behind you here. Fluid film seems like the answer with regular applications.

Heated steering wheel when you hit the heated seats?
  5. Q101ATFD

Q101ATFD Senior Member

Actually, no - not on these trucks. There is a cable, and it connects to the NSBU switch on the transmission.
  6. cameo89

cameo89 Senior Member

I remember in the for sale section there was 2 different listings for heated supers and one for lower windsheild heaters to fix these issues.
  7. topdj

topdj Senior Member

I sprayed fluid film on all the ground terminals under the truck on day one, I will have to check again when it warms up. Just about any nut or bolt you expect to work on in the future could use a thin coat.
    My plows and plow frames all look new.