1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Off Truck Fisher MM1 to 3-Wire

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Moss Man, Jan 5, 2012.

1. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

I know this has been discussed a thousand times, but I need to know what's involved in changing the off truck MM1 Straight blade to the 3-wire set up? My buddies truck has the 3 wire in place and he wants to mount a MM1 Straight blade up, but it blade has the 2 wire set-up. Cost and hassles involved?

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  2. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Your going to need harness #26359 its the control harness.Remove the solenoid cover and attach the wires one by one according to how they are wired.Last attach the ground wire to the pump.
    Your also going to need harness #28213 its the light harness.You are going to have to open up the lights.Carefully remove the plastic grommet the wires go through into the light.Remove the front cover and attach the wires to the lights.Reinstall front cover and put grommet back in place.I will attach pictures of the harnesses.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 5, 2012
  3. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

Thanx! Doesn't sound too complicated, I'll price those two harnesses and see where I stand.

4. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

Pete, the 11 pin light harness is actually 26347 for the old style lights, and runs for around $120, the 28213 harness is for the newer Intensifiers. The Control harness is $70. Call Paul or Tyler down at Lang's if you can't get it locally at these prices. Both harnesses will fit in a flat rate box I believe. It is very simple to convert over.

5. Moss Man

Moss Man Senior Member
    from Maine

This turned out to be an epic fail. The plow is already a 3 wire, it's been converted. I couldn't even come close on the price for the truck and plow we were looking at, too bad as the rig had some great potential. At least I know now that it isn't that big a deal to make the conversion, this issue is bound to crop up in the future.

6. RepoMan207

RepoMan207 PlowSite Fanatic
    from Maine

It seems there are quite a few guys doing conversions this year.

7. Lone136

Lone136 Senior Member

I did mine this year as well. I really like the newer Intensifiers I have on there now. Just wish we would get some snow now so I could put them to uses

8. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Now that I think about it I paid $60 of the 28212 for the light harness and couldn't figure out why it had connectors on the ends but it makes sense that they would be for the intensfires