1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Off Season

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by GeoffD, Mar 12, 2000.

1. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

2. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

We do a liitle grounds maint. As little as possible. And home improvement. Alot of that.<br>Dino<p>----------<br> Professional Ice and Snow Management <br>Products:Services:Equipment www.sima.org
  3. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

we prepare for next winter.one way is to make as many contacts as possible in regard to MAGIC-0 and who stockpiles salt so that we can spray there salt pile for next season.we also do very little maintenance,and are basically shut down for the summer<p>----------<br>J PARKER<br>914-485-4200
  4. Lou

Lou Member

Make a list, as winter wears on, of all the small problems that may have occurred and plan the corrections so all is well before next winter. Go thru all the newsletters Chuck has sent, re-read applicable info on the forum, print it, and keep it in a binder that has just been made up.I break my plow down after every season, and if needed, make modifications.Then it is serviced, and ready for use. Since I grade the road, (4 tenths of a mile crushed cinder)the plow has been beefed up somewhat. Glad I don't have a business w/several plows like some of the other guys....I'd go nuts. <br>
  5. columbiaplower

columbiaplower Senior Member

lawn care and landscape
  6. Alan

Alan PlowSite.com Addict

I do lawn care and landscaping. I would really like to get out of mowing and be able to do just landscape installation and hydroseeding through the summer. If I could REALLY dream big I'd like to plow snow in the winter and build trailers and specialized equipment in the summer.