1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Off Season Storage

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by born2farm, Feb 1, 2011.

1. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

I was talking to my salt supplier today about buying palets at the end of the season that they have not sold. He quoted me a price of about a dollar per bag cheaper then what I can buy it for in late October. My question is. These palets are currently stored outside with the thick plastic wrapping still around the bags. The only place I have storage for them is an old barn with no heat or electric. If I never unwrap these palets should I be ok? If I am going to run a risk on them going solid on me ill just wait and pre order it this fall.

Thanks

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

They will be fine in the barn. They would probably be fine outside. If a bag has a small hole in it it may get hard there but nothing that can't be easily broke up.

3. pvtben121

pvtben121 Senior Member

you will be fine go ahead and get them

4. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

Well no worries now. After this ice storm we just had there is no such thing as a left over palet of salt lol.