1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Off Season Investment

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 95HDRam, Jun 19, 2012.

1. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

It is that time of year again when we always start hunting for deals on snow/ice equipment. So far we have picked up a Buyers 8 cu yd spreader, and a Sno-Way 6 cu yd spreader. Got both for under $800 total.

With lasts years below average winter I am expecting to see more good deals show up. Luckily our business does not depend on snow to make it thru winter, but have seen a lot of auctions in the Indy area recently with commercial lawn and snow equipment.

2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

What size truck do you plan on putting those on?

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Not a lot of people are dumping decent equipment. Most of what I see at sales are tired units that have been replaced and/or have outdated mounting systems. Even the sales where a company is liquidating the market for used stuff is so high most of the good equipment is sold prior to or bring top value at auction.

4. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Pictures are mandatory !!!!!!

5. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

Both of those will be used on 3/4 Tons. I see why now you asked I made a typo. cu ft no yd.:blush2:

6. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

The last auction I went to all of the lawn care equipment was selling for top dollar (even though we haven't had rain) but the snow/ice equipment was very reasonable. I don't go after any of the new equipment that someone bought last year since it will go top $. Both the spreaders I picked up are about 3 yrs old and the guy really needed money.

7. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

The next trip I make to the storage barn I will get some pics and put up here.

8. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Thanx ... can't wait to see what you got !!!

9. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member