1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Off Road Fx4

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by kfish, Dec 4, 2005.

1. kfish

kfish Junior Member

Any problems putting a plow on with the Fx4 package? Thinking Blizzard 810.
  2. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

Put a little more info out like what year,Truck model-> F what, plow prep?
  3. kfish

kfish Junior Member

Fx4 F250 Super Duty Crew Cab
  4. PerfiCut L&L

PerfiCut L&L Senior Member

You should be fine.

I just put a western on my 05 SD last week, and I have the FX4 with the snow prep pkg.

Keep an eye on your temp, someone else on here just put a plow on their 05 SD and was having heating issues, and I dont think he had the snow plow package on his. As for suspension, you'll be ok.
  5. PipeGuy

PipeGuy Junior Member

Someone told me I shouldn't plow with my '03 F250, crew cab, 6.0 diesel, 4WD, 8' box w/ the FX4 package. Do you agree?
  6. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

I have FX4 (see sig) and it plows beautifully. I like the added graphics and the skid plates. I think of it as a little added protection to keep snow from going where it shouldn't.

Other than that, I've heard that the package is more of a gimmick. Not for real off-roading. But then again, other than plowing, I don't intend to take a $37k truck off-roading.
  7. TEX

TEX Senior Member

A Crew Cab Long Bed With A Plow Man Thats A Long Rig
  8. PipeGuy

PipeGuy Junior Member

Great point. As many times as I've cussed the truck while parking, I should'a thought of that myself.

MIAWPUKEK Senior Member

I've had no problems with mine, except a little sagging in the front end. Going to try some ballast this year before I take the plunge and buy some Timbrens .

summer plow.jpg
  10. Sweetpete

Sweetpete Senior Member

Hey...nice truck...but even with the plow DOWN, it looks like it's sagging. I wouldn't wait until next year for the Timbrens.

I don't even think I'd wait until next WEEK. But like I said...nice truck.
  11. PLM-1

PLM-1 Senior Member

I saw a guy about a month ago that looked like he just had a plow installed on his F150 about like that. It looked scary, wouldn't wanna hit the brakes too hard!
  12. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

you will have to watch the front axle ratings. with the crew cab and long box you can eaisly over load your front axle and springs. and like has been said unless you are doing huge lots that thing will be a pain in the rear to turn around. i wish they would make a short box reg cab diesel, but that wont happen.
  13. MickiRig1

MickiRig1 PlowSite Veteran

A crew cab long box would be like plowing with a school bus in small lots and drives. My next trucks going to be a F-250 / 350 extended cab, short bed, PowerStroke Diesel. There are a lot of them out there,get a truck trader.