1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Off overdrive light flashing

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by greentexasblock, Jan 22, 2011.

1. greentexasblock

greentexasblock Junior Member
    from texas

Hi my name is Alex I have a ford f-350 is showing me the same flashing light but if I try to go on drive or 1st & 2nd gear it will stall or will hessitate to go ,,,but if I go really slow trying no to force the transmision.. it will eventualy go, once I pass the first gear it will eventually run perfectly but again when ever I get to a stop, it is the same story all over again. this is allso in reverse .In neutral and park motor will work perfect. When the light starts blinking and the motor acting up I turn off the truck and restart it back on and will work normal and will run great but out of nothing the light starts blinking if Im in a stop or up hill and the ..just for the records a mechanic replaced the( I do not know the correct name for it but I remember it was somthing like) transmission valve box or something like thatas well as the new oil & filter .. will to end the story fast it did work for a good 6 to 8 monts but here I with the same situation again.. thanks!

2. mrv8outboard

mrv8outboard Senior Member

Have some one use a scan tool to retrieve the DTC's. From there we can help. I think Autozone does it for free.

3. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Sounds like you have a bad trans.

4. Joe D

Joe D Senior Member

I had similar issues with my 99 E 250 and my F450. It was the wiring harness both times.