1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

# of pushes

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JTS Landscaping & Lawn Service, Oct 14, 2005.

1. i was wondering how many pushes you guys quoted on your contracts ive i made my contracts for 28 pushes it this to low should i do more.
    thanks

2. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Thats probably a lot high actually. Unless you're getting lake effects.

Wheres hudsonville?

3. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

JT,
    Your close. I'm not sure how much snow you are averaging in Hudsonville, but here in Holland, I quote using 32 pushes depending on the service needed.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2005
  4. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I did 12 last yaer, and I am basing it off of 10-13 this year

5. Killswitch

Killswitch Senior Member

Yeah see Hudsonville must be on the west side.

I think there was 16 or 18 events here near ann arbor last year and we had record snowfall.

6. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

It'll depend on your trigger & level of service. For a 3" trigger, I use a factor of "12" for seasonal contracts. Not meaning I'll actually push 12 times, but that it'll be equivalent to 12 3" pushes.

7. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

I would think 28 to 30 is about right for hooterville, Anything west of about 72nd. ave you will want to be more around 30 and reducing the number as you move east. I grew up out by 96th ave (Borculo) so I know the area well.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2005
  8. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

He's right in the middle of one of the heaviest snow belt areas when the wind is right. half way Between Grand Rapids and Holland

9. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

12-14 plowable snowfalls are our average..Last year we only had about 3, maybe 4 snowfalls:nod:

10. hey thanks for your help guys i think ill stick with the 28 for now and see how that goes then maybe adjust if nothing really happens. stumper1620 i live some what close to were you lived im out at port sheldon and 28th. thanks for all your help guys. hopefully it will be a good winter.