1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Of course this happens when snows is coming..

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Whiffyspark, Jan 23, 2013.

1. Whiffyspark

Whiffyspark 2000 Club Member
    from SOMD

I can't find the base anywhere local to me. I'm planning to buy a new truck and plow within a week or two.

Any ideas?

This might be the first plowable snow in two years :laughing:

[​IMG]

2. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

I have never seen that happen before.LOL

Can you drill a new hole higher up, it may be tight but worth a shot if it's junk. Just need a drillpress.

Edit:.... and a cut off, to even out the end.

3. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Find a company that can weld cast. I had one come into my shop for a yearly clean and new seals. It was in much worse shape than yours before it was fixed.

4. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

I have no clue what im looking at here.

5. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Bottom mount bolt.

6. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

It's the bottom anchor of a pump and motor assembly.....

7. racer47

racer47 Senior Member

:mechanic: if its not leaking oil out run it ... just don't be stacking snow or you will finish it off i had a guy do it to 1 of my pumps and we ran it that way for 3 day storm over 48 hours plow time and it never broke i also had e47 that was broke worse and it still worked the weight off blade keep it in place as long as he didn't stack snow needless to say them guys are long gone :laughing: run it do not drill because then you will have hole and the oil will run out above the lug hole its hollow looks like you just broke off a peice at bottom don't tighten bolts they have to have play loosen bolt and grease it

8. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

No luck finding someone to weld it, I've tried

Racer I was standing there trying to figure something out. The first thing I though of was as soon as I pushed a pile up it would give out. I hit a deer a few weeks ago and never noticed it was chipped off

Goldpro

9. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

This is a meyer thing. Lol

10. geer hed

geer hed Senior Member

If you can't find one localy there's a company online called Mill Supply, they carry a full line of Meyers, and western parts, and thier pricing is fare (at least compared to my area). One thing if you get an aftermarket base find out first to make sure it has a sump drain port. I asume this broke because you said you hit a deer, But it could have been cracked before and that just finnished it. Check the lift arm on top of the pump, see if it has a lot of side to side play. If it does replace the lift arm also or this will happen again. You can't re drill it any higher, there is only about 1/2 inch of metal between the bolt and the resivour.

Last edited: Jan 23, 2013
  11. Dubl0Vert

Dubl0Vert Senior Member

Hah!! I hear that Whiff....my pump froze and now won't move....worked fine all last year and so far this year.....till yesterday when this starts......how does it know?

12. dave_dj1

dave_dj1 Senior Member
    from NY

13. snowplowparts

snowplowparts Inactive

You can run it like Racer said, push it, dont stack it.!!!

We do have used sumps as well as new. Let us know if we can help.
    We can also weld yours. Drain pump and ship it complete. Can send back
    sameday. SPWussmileyflag

14. jasonv

jasonv PlowSite.com Addict
    from kannada

It can be welded, anybody with a MIG or TIG and a bottle of argon. Check local yellow pages for welders and/or MACHINE SHOPS. Even custom motorcycle shops. LOTS of people will be able to do it, as long as you have an idea what to look for. One of my E47's has a welded sump. It was broken right into the base of the lift cylinder.

15. Whiffyspark

from SOMD

Does anyone know the part number for the oring at the bottom of the sump? I can't find it on a diagram. It sits at the very bottom of the casing and will keep the lift ram from lifting

16. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

1 1/4" bore cylinder- 15693
    1 3/4" bore cylinder- 15163

17. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

The E47 on my dump truck is broken like that. I ran it for a couple years with no problems.

18. You can not weld the bottom of the pump unless you take out all of the seals and then you might as well replace them...I can not see picture .... I had that happen twice with meyers to me. The weld also changes or warp the metal.....I had one that I was able to plow for 2 years with the bottom support hole broken out and the weight and a few zip ties kept the base in place till a big storm....no match was junk then....Buy new Meyers Pump....

19. jb1390

jb1390 Senior Member

OP: How did you make out with the pump this storm?

For other people that may have a similar issue: it's a cast iron part, so you can't just slap a mig bead on it and call it a day. It might hold for one storm (and it also might last as long as one push into a pile); welding cast iron is tricky. If you have the other broken piece, brazing might work, but as stated, depending on the locations of the seals they may need to be removed to prevent melting them while brazing (or pre heating and post heating if welding were attempted)

20. GSS LLC

GSS LLC Senior Member

use some flat stock and create a strap around the bolt. tap holes ont both broken edges to screw the strap together and run it. the straps not holding any weight, just keeping the pump from bouncing off.