1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

# of aacounts

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by lawnkid, Feb 28, 2002.

1. lawnkid

lawnkid Senior Member

How many accounts do you guys run. How long does it take you guys to pay off a new truck from plowing. I i buy a farly new truck, I won't have enough money to pay it off cause I'll only be abe to plow like ten small accounts because of school.

2. OBRYANMAINT

OBRYANMAINT PlowSite.com Veteran
    from ohio

too many variaBLES

some of my routes are only 4 or 5 accounts and some are near 50

all have usually one truck per route

you are only limited by youself in amount of accounts

3. Ohiosnow

Ohiosnow Senior Member
    from Ohio

lawnkid

It's not how many accounts you have but how many you can do in the time frame you have to work with. Years ago I would drive up to Mentor & Euclid area because you had more snow so I could make more money. The bigest problem was the snow would pile up quicker in a hr. (lake effect)so you had to be careful not to take too many accounts with only 1 truck as not to pi$$ off your accounts when large amounts of snow come at 1 time. Most years I could make enough to pay for the truck & plow, but as your going to do this part-time it will take a little longer plus trucks & plows cost more today. A friend of mine still does some of my old route up there & makes about $40,000 on a good yr. from up there & plus does about the same down here. I put him in the biz about 18 yrs. ago & he still has some of the original accounts, ;) take care of your accounts & they will take care of you. Now all my accounts are less than 5 miles away, & high profit accounts.:D

4. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Its not the number of accounts, its the size of the accounts.

I have one account that keeps one truck busy.

Geoff

5. Hmebuildr

Hmebuildr Senior Member

I have 40 driveways in my area @ $30.00 a driveway you do the math now if we could only get some snow I could make some money. The lack of snow is really cutting into the profits this year

6. John Allin

John Allin PlowSite.com Addict

Hmmmm...
    Let me see.....
    How many accounts.....