1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

OEM Western Pro Plue wings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by flakesmeangreen, Jan 13, 2009.

1. flakesmeangreen

flakesmeangreen Senior Member

Few questions for anyone that has them, since the info on their site is almost useless. How much width do they actually add (website say up to 30%)? If someone has the width straight with wings and fully angled with wings on an 8', that would really be great How far in front of the blade do they extend? I'm concerned about back dragging garage doors. How long does it actually take to put them on and off? Any other feedback about them would be appreciated.

I'd be using these for residentials. A few drives with small parking lots, some I could make one pass instead of 2, a few that i think might be too narrow. Do guys actually take them on and off all night? Another few would also benefit since my mirrors are wider than my plow. I might be thinking too much here but do wings cause tranny problems sooner? Thanks.

2. K&N Snow

K&N Snow Member

I never take mine off but they only take a few seconds to pull on and off I wouldn't run a plow with out them. they extend about 6 to 8 inches in front of the plow (about the same as my hard plastic deflector) we do a few drives with the plows and I don't think that they would speed you up on the res. that much they are meant to be used when going forward just like the plow. I wouldn't plow any sized lot with out them. The seem to speed up plowing by quite a bit because there is no loss of snow on the high side.

3. flakesmeangreen

Thanks for the info. I picked up a set over the weekend and got to use them last night. They sure do help in some spots a lot and I didn't have to take them off at all. And the price has gone down through the years; I got them for $300.

4. scottL

scottL PlowSite.com Addict

$300 for the OEM new ???? Where at ? URL ?

5. flakesmeangreen

Wow. someone else PM'd me the same question. While at the dealer I was talking to the guy about the price. He said it went down threw the years and I assumed everywhere did the same.

http://www.powellsequip.com/ There's not much info on their website, i don't think it even mentions they sell plows. They're open Saturdays too, give them a call and see if they'll ship.

6. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

you will find the one lame duck wing when windrowing dragging everything at 90* will inhibit snow from being thrown over toward the direction of windrowing severely, creating a mounding pile you're constantly dragging through on the low side of the windrow..i hated that part..or you got to take one off and thats not time efficient...i windrow both ways through out a job..

other than that....do drill and cotter pin the little studs that go through your plow above and below the huge bracket...and do keep a close eye on them getting twisted up..it ain't hard..

i love mine...hate how big it is in traffic with em on...will be buying a wideout next time for sure..

7. scottL

Diss , my brother of another mother ...... get a Vee plow :p

Oh yeah .... Vee, pro wing's and a real truck :rolleyes: but-a-bing :cool:

8. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

nope....next step will be a blizzard erie special from john...8611LP...FOR SURE

9. scottL

Blizzard .... I believe it's now called the wide-butt-out. And there is no way I'm helping you lift that pig if you have truck troubles again :D