1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

OEM Brake Line Source

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Stan, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Anyone know of a source rather than stealership prices? One line I'm looking for is the one from the master which is coiled and leeds down into the fram. Application is 1995 k-3500.

2. RacingZR

RacingZR Senior Member
    from Maine

You could try and find one at a junkyard but it's probably not any better than what you are replacing. Other than that......it's make your own. The new brake lines at auto parts stores are much better anyway than what came stock in 1995.

3. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

You could try NAPA or make your own.

4. REAPER

REAPER 2000 Club Member
    from 60050

Try to find this style bender and make your own. This style will bend a perfect circle.

tube_benders.jpg

tube_benders.jpg

5. tracerich

tracerich Member
    from Earth

Go to a local parts store and by a section of nickel copper (Cunifer) brake tubing. It costs wholesale about 1.00 a foot. You can bend it by hand, and easily bend the coils in there. Either reuse the existing tube nuts and flare it, or get new tube nuts. I believe I may have the line you are asking about, I'll look in the morning when I get to work. I bought it for a customer and he never returned.. I can take a picture of it tomorrow and post it if you like.

6. Newdude

Newdude Senior Member

As for being a 95, the best thing would be to take the time and make them yourself. One guy at our shop did some on a 94 1/2 ton, and on the old stuff, custom lines are basically the only way to replace them. Try to find stainless steel or some other material lines that wont rust though.

7. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Let me know.
    As far as the rest of the replies I had a funny feeling of the making my own route. Was actually looking at stainless tubing by the roll. Anyone have luck with this? Its common on boat trailers. Not sure if anyone had heard of plastic brake line...I actually have that on a boat trailer installed from the mfg which has held up since 1999. The ends are a pressed copper fitting but that idea may be overkill.

8. bigblock73

bigblock73 Member

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

10. tracerich

tracerich Member
    from Earth

Did you get the brake line you needed? I forgot to look at the one I have, but I know where it is and can followup on it tomorrow if need be.

11. Stan

Stan Senior Member

Already got the lengths I need. Originally thought I would be needing more but not as bad. Thanks the same though.