1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

ODOT road conditions

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by deluxeco, Nov 28, 2002.

1. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

First let me say hello & happy Thanksgiving to everyone! I've been plowing snow commercially in the ohio geauga co. snowbelt for 23 years & i'm excited to have finally found a forum where similar interests can be discussed. In short my question is having contracts scattered about the region near my office I am interested in the ODOT computer road condition reports available online through odot's roadway reporting weather stations.Has anyone used them & too what degree of accuracy? Your comments & input would be appreciated. Thankyou!
  2. firefighter

firefighter Member
    from Ohio

Never heard of this type of rodway reporting, I'm going to see if I can find the web page and check it out. Im located Southeast of Mansfield O. Web page look under Odot roadway ?

3. deluxeco

deluxeco Senior Member

All I did was do a search on "ohio department of transportation",then chose road conditions etc. when in this menu choose the "OTIS" snow & ice reporting system,it will give you a choice of regions in the state.After you choose the region it will show you a map of all the roadway condition reporting stations in you area.Click on the one you want it will give you:
    wind direction,temp.,roadway temp.,roadway coating,current conditions etc., you can also link up with current dopler for your area along wth water content mapping...pretty cool I tried it yesterday was pretty accurate.....:cool: