1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Odd Sound/ Feeling

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by FF/P215, Dec 30, 2013.

1. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

I have an '07 Classic LBZ, since the first 2 storms (or so I can recall) I have felt an odd rumble in the truck and almost feels like driving over and sounds likes driving over rocks, like grinding of dull, round objects. This has only happened from a stop and while driving slowly uphill. If I take-off a little quicker from a stop, the feeling isn't really there (was kind of just testing it out), drove about 380 miles round trip without any problems (highway) this weekend. The transmission doesn't show overheating and hasn't cleared 200*, even while plowing and shuffling between clients. All fluids have been changed since last year, rear diff/ transmission at the end of the season and front just before this winter (not that the front diff should matter this isn't while in 4wd). No heavy hauling was done, I maybe pulled an 8x12' trailer 12 times and hauled a Scag ZT for 8 of those.. Any insight would be great. Thanks in advance for anything!

Connor

2. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

check the u joints on the driveshaft

3. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

X2.....most likely you u joints. Mine is doing something similar and I know I have to crawl under there but I keep putting it off for no good reason.

4. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

That's kind of what I was thinking, but just wanted a little route before I do crawl around, it's too cold.. Thanks guys, much appreciated.