1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Odd plow jobs

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by dan67, Dec 3, 2010.

1. dan67

dan67 Member

been plowing these docks for years with this bayou 300 2 wheel drive. I built the plow mount for this machine. My polaris is too big to manuver on the docks. Have had lots of cold and snow so far this year. Any body else with odd photos of plowing with quads

1202101020a.jpg

2. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

I don't have any but that right there would make me nervous as heII. It must be nice to plow it right into water. No need to stack it anywhere.

3. BORIS

BORIS Senior Member

That looks like it would be fun. Not sure i would like being so close to water. Don't slip.

4. ALC-GregH

from pa

Looking at that pic again, I think I'd put a extension on the side of the blade that sticks out a good bit and push it off the side. That way you're not second guessing how much room you have on the side from going over the edge. I'd still get the "pucker" factor going on.

5. MtnCowboy

MtnCowboy Member

Any suggestions on a blade extension? I face a similar pucker factor, except the drop is off a mountainside. At least I'm not riding on a slick dock. Yesterday I clamped a 1x12 to my blade and was surprised how well it acted as a wing to shove the fresh berm over the edge. The clamps kept falling off, but it was just an experiment. The operative word there is "fresh" berm... dry powder to boot.

6. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I would be nervouse about sliding off the dock. You got more balls than I do.

7. dan67

dan67 Member

I can't get any closer to the edge than what I've left, there is a cleat at the end of each dock to tie to.

8. IPLOWSNO

IPLOWSNO PlowSite.com Addict

the bike will float and you will just get a ball shriveling chill charge2x as much hahahaha

9. ALC-GregH

from pa

Bolt a piece of mud flap to the left side. It will ride right over them. Still not something I'd enjoy doing but if it pays good....

10. banksl&s

banksl&s Member

I filled in a ditch for a buddy of mine that he had dug with a small backhoe to replace a septic line. Go arctic cat with moose plow!!! wesport wesport

11. hondarider94

hondarider94 Junior Member
    from Indiana

that looks scary. im wondering though, why do they want it plowed? do the sail boat owners wanna go sailing on the ice? lol

12. yell llc

yell llc Member

that might just take the cake!

13. dan67

dan67 Member

most of them clean the snow off and check for winter damage. Couple still have cocktails in the evenings on them.