1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oct 5th / 6th 2011 first snow

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by F150dash, Oct 6, 2011.

1. F150dash

F150dash Member

We got some snow last night and some off and on today here are a couple pics.

IMG_00000017.jpg

IMG_00000022.jpg

2. 496 BB

496 BB Senior Member

Sweet. Is this early for you guys?

3. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

looks like enough to plow or is the ground still to warm

4. F150dash

F150dash Member

Yeah very early. Usually don't see anything till late November early December.

5. F150dash

F150dash Member

Ground is sill way to warm. Suppose to be in the 20's(celius) this weekend here

6. F150dash

F150dash Member

Snow is still on the ground this morning but only in open areas. There is no snow under the trees. Yesterday there was enough to salt the streets here. Really strange to see any snow at all this early

7. Holland

Holland Senior Member

Its that global warming kicking in!

8. swtiih

swtiih PlowSite.com Addict

Yea a couple of years ago in Washington DC there was suppose to be a conference on global warming. The only problem was the day of the conference the city was shutdown because of a major snowstorm

9. IDOCTORTREES

IDOCTORTREES Senior Member
    from MONTANA

We got snow last night in the mountains ....Might snow here in the valley tonight.
    Bozeman, Montana

10. chrissheerman

chrissheerman Junior Member

guess im putting my plow on my new truck just in time. Send some of that snow down to new hampshire
    payup

11. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

Im in NH as well. Whatcha Getting :waving:

12. chrissheerman

chrissheerman Junior Member

I quit trying to keep my ford 6.0 from having problems all the time and traded it in for a 05 gmc 3500 dually diesel with 45k on it. Now i've put my 9 foot meyer plow on it can't wait to try it on some snow. I am worried the rear will need weight to get the duals to get some traction.