1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oct 29-30 NH Storm.... share your story

Discussion in 'Weather' started by getsum, Oct 30, 2011.

1. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

By far the heaviest and most trouble filled storm EVER... Had the plow serviced last week in preparation for the storm, only to get to the first of my commercials at 6pm yesterday and the plow decides not to raise lower or turn...kills my battery with every push of the button and strobes stopped working.. so every site i had to take a 5ft bar and hold up my plow to high chain it up and down to at least push bulk .My dads plow started to act up, snapped a light off etc etc.... thankfully with the help of a Great friend and my awesome father we still got er done....
    now to the mechanic to find out what the heck went wrong... I think i aged 10 years after this one.. what a way to kick off the year :dizzy: 23hrs later and im going to BED :salute:

2. f250guy

f250guy Junior Member

We got lucky. Pulled out plow and salter both with no problems. I have a couple commercial accounts and a few residential accounts. We had 8 inches of wet heavy snow in central Pennsylvania.

3. getsum

getsum Senior Member
    from USA

We got a little over 20 inches!