1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

O'Charlies Restaurant's

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by gt_racer50, Jan 2, 2004.

1. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Has anybody done any work for this Company. How are they to work for and what can you expect out of them?
  2. gpin

gpin Senior Member

I plowed for a large chain in Philadelphia years ago. The 1st 2 seasons were ok, most payments were late, season 3 started w/ complaints, slower pay, then bankruptcy. Alot of these large chains work on tight margins and once the snow is removed, so is their concern for the plow. If finances get tight you are way down the list. I allowed the issue to get out of hand and extended too much credit and became too much of a liability. Use common sense, and don't repeat my mistake. Your chain may be ok but if the warning signs pop up, don't get in deeper.
  3. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

When we deal with an incorperated business we also get the owner or manager to sign a personal letter of guarentee. This basically makes the person who signs responsible if the company doesnt pay. Even if they are no longer employeed by the company.
  4. gt_racer50

gt_racer50 Senior Member
    from Ohio

Thanks for the input so far guy's