1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Occasional blown controller fuse while plowing??

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by shep28, Jan 16, 2012.

1. shep28

shep28 Member

During the last storm I blew my 4A mini controller fuse twice while pushing snow at random times. I just replaced the solenoid. Where should I start looking? Brown power wire? Ground? I have a joystick controller.

After I replaced the fuse each time, I did not have any issues for the rest of my routes. Luckily, I had extra fuses with me.
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

im assuming its a unimount???
    well,,the way it works, it gets pwr through the fuse and everytime you preform an action, it sends that pwr to the coils. so,,,start from where the fuse is taped for pwr,,to the controller,,out to and through the firewall,,,to the grill,,,and to the plow.
    main places to ck would be at the firewall,,,,any place where the wiring comes in contact with metal.
    one place that might be a quick start is under the coil cover on the plow....i've had a few that rubbed on the housing and VERY intermittenly it would blow the fuse. so maybe start there.
    hope this helps