1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Ocassional Angling issues..

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by stumper1620, Nov 26, 2008.

1. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

I have a 03 model pro plow, ocassionally... When i angle right part way (as in centering up) when I go to angle back to the left... The blade goes all the way right before going left..
    It did this to me with very bad timing the first time..I was pulled up to a Residential fiberglass Garage door, correcting the angle when I expected to correct left, it almost stuck the door with the left side because of swinging right first.... I was lucky and was already shifted to reverse, and backed up quickly.
    Any Ideas???
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The S3 valve isn't opening for one reason or another. Could be an issue with the valve itself..or a loose wire on the coil...as likely its the shock of it first hitting the angle stop (once it goes all the way to the right) that instantly makes it then go to the left as commanded.

Check the wire connections on the S3 coil and check the S3 valve itself for smooth operation and contamination.
  3. GreenKingL&L

GreenKingL&L Member

having the exact same issue, I just replaced the plow side harness (one of the pins in the plug broke off last year, so got the western repair harness) so the wiring to the valves is great, the contacts are good and clean. Are the valves servicable? or just a replacement issue? thanks
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I don't, I always replace them. More dependable that way, which is the whole intention of the repair. :)
  5. stumper1620

stumper1620 Senior Member

Thanks BB
    I think I know exactly what you are talking about. I will see..
    I'll post back the results, storm coming in for tomorrow night, Hope I can get it before then. At least it still operates acceptable enough to do what I have to if I don't get it fixed.