1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

OBS vs NBS

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by sven_502, Mar 16, 2009.

1. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

Okay I've got a question. I've clued in from reading posts that OBS is the older 88-98 chev and NBS is the newer one, but I'm still lost as to what the BS stands for. Not to sound stupid but if anybody could explain that I'll learn something new today.

2. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

B ull
    S hit

J/K

O ld
    B ody
    S tyle

N ew
    B ody
    S tyle

3. sven_502

sven_502 Senior Member
    from ontario

Oh its really that simple. I figured somebody would come back with the bull **** comment lol but thanks crete. Now that I have that figured out Im gonna say OBS is better. I like the interior in my yukon way better than my dads 01 sierra, way more room. I will admit his 5.3L hauls way more ass though, but it might be because of his 3.73s as opposed to my not so optimal 3.42s.

4. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Now that you have it figured out time to learn again. NBS is 07-09 and OBS is 99-07 and pre 99 is a dinasaur. 07 has both, new and old. :dizzy:

5. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Also

OOBS - 73-87 old old body style

NNBS- 07.5+ new new body style

6. tuna

tuna Senior Member

So would 67-72 be BOOBS =Before old old body style.

7. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Now that there's a few OBS's...guys (including those at the dealer) refer to them as:

'07-up = NBS
    '99-'07 = Classic body
    '88-'98 = OBS

Designations can be confusing since different people refer to them in different ways. Which is why many also go by the original platform designation..GMT400, GMT800 etc...

8. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper Member

Don't forget the mid years at 07 and 99.