1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

OBS snow plow prep package

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 70monte, Feb 4, 2008.

1. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

I recently bought a 98 Chevy K3500 reg cab with 454/4L80E. It has the snow plow prep package. I was wondering what this package consists of on this year truck. I can find info for the new trucks but not this body style truck. Thanks for any info.

Wayne

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

1) Skid plate package
    2) HD battery
    3) 105 or 120 amp alternator (could be either, I've seen both)

3. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

I found my sales brochure from when I bought my 98 1/2 ton. It says that the snow plow prep package includes heavy duty front springs and heavy duty shocks. It doesn't mention anything else that is included. My truck does have the F60-heavy duty front spring option. No codes for heavy duty shocks though. My truck has the 124 amp(KW2) alternator as well as the skid plate option(rpo NZZ). It also has the heavy duty trans cooler option(KNP). No mention of a HD battery in brochure or RPO codes. I was wondering if there were any special electrical provisions included in the snow package. Actually this truck has quite a few options but I'm not sure which other ones might be part of the VYU option. Thanks for the info.

Wayne

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Other than the 120 Alt and/or HD battery there were no other "electrical provisions" for the VYU package.

5. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

B&B,
    Thanks for the info.

Wayne