1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

OBS Hour Meter?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Mark13, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I know the nbs trucks have the handy dandy little readout on their digital "screen" that tells you the hours if you want. Is there any such thing on the OBS trucks if you have a scanner?
    I'm just curious to see how many hours my engine has on it and I can't divide my total miles by an estimated speed since my odometer is who knows how far off from being accurate due to larger then stock tires without being corrected.
  2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No way to know on the OBS Mark. Neither the PCM nor BCM monitor or record engine hrs in any way.
  3. Joesno

Joesno Senior Member

my chevy 2500hd has an hour meter. my truck has 100,000 miles on it. i discovered the hourmeter goofin around one day and it displays around 1000 hrs. i was amazed. and their is no way to reset it so i know that my truck only has 1000 hrs on it. Doesnt seem right
  4. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

how can you find out on the NBS? I've never seen it on the digital display.
  5. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm not 100% sure as I havn't tried it in a long time. But I want to say key "on" but vehicle off, push the trip reset button and hold it for a few seconds I beleive. But again I'm not 100% sure on this, B&B is the guy you want,lol.
  6. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Ignition off press & hold reset button for at lease 4 secs. ...Hour meter will be displayed for up to 30 secs.or until ignition is turned on... From 01 chevy manual....