1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

OBS Heater Box

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by DieselSlug, Dec 28, 2012.

1. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

Hello all,

Was wondering if there is any way (minus ripping the dash out) to fix my heater box? This was broken before i bought the truck and i don't even know how it happened. I never did figure out a way to permanently fix this. My defroster doesn't blow very hard, most likely due to the fact that there is a large hole in the box. I get complaints from the passenger and I am still cold. As my temporary fix i keep slapping duct tape over the holes. But the duct tape only lasts a couple weeks before the heat dries up the adhesive surface of the tape and it falls off. Any ideas? Thanks!

2. Krumm

Krumm Member
    from CR, IA

i have the same problem. my brother used the (excuse my stupidity) shiny aluminum foil looking duct tape. its lasted over a year now. my blower just quit working on high and will only come out defrost, no feet.
  3. DieselSlug

DieselSlug PlowSite.com Addict

I will have to try that, sounds longer lasting than the duct tape, but i use the black stuff so it doesnt stick out. Will have to try ton use duct tape over it.
  4. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

You will have to roll the dash back. I did my first one about five hours i think. That was working outdoors and not hurrying at all. If the truck does not have AC it will be even easier.