1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

OBS chevy mirrors

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by chris694205, Dec 8, 2010.

1. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

any of you guys with the 96-2000 chevy have any luck with after market mirrors... i want to upgrade with something bigger and possibl heated because the ones they come with suck

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Check out eBay. There are tons of aftermarket mirrors there

Last edited: Dec 8, 2010
  3. squeaky3

squeaky3 Senior Member

4. MarkEagleUSA

MarkEagleUSA Senior Member

Some of the lowest prices I've seen! Thumbs Up

Do the Yukon/Tahoe/Suburban mirrors from similar years fit the pickup doors?

Also, can anyone point out a factory wiring schematic for the power/heated mirrors so that they can be installed on a truck without them?

5. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

thoes are the mirrors i am getting for my truck because my mirrors drive me ****** crazy

6. Stove

Stove Member

i like these lights

7. MarkEagleUSA

Ordered a pair of these and installed them today. All I can say is wow! They look great and the view out of them is incredible... so much better than those little stock mirrors!

Well worth the price if you're looking for an upgraded larger mirror.

8. squeaky3

squeaky3 Senior Member

i really need to order me a set, my drivers stock mirror is currently all messed up, the glass is stripped out from the motor and moves around all the time

anyone have any more pics of them on their truck

9. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

10. squeaky3

squeaky3 Senior Member

ya his truck was the first one i have found with them on

now there is a few other guys on other chevy truck forums im on that have them

i think im just gonna have to man up and spend the $200 and get some

11. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

when you do post some pics so i can see how they look before i spend the 200 bucks

12. MarkEagleUSA

Here's a few shots of mine. The new mirrors are only about 3" wider than the stock ones but they look much bigger.

For me the best feature, besides the increased view, is that the passenger mirror is regular glass so I get a truer image when using it. I think it makes it easier to judge distances, etc.

Mirror-Fr.jpg

Mirror-LF.jpg

Mirror-RT.jpg

Mirror-Rr.jpg

13. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

Looks good now I want to g get me a set

14. MarkEagleUSA

Boy, do I know that feeling! :nod:

15. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Did you hook up power, heat, or marker light? Did you have power or heat before? They look great, Looks like you leveled the mirrors, or did they come that way?

16. MarkEagleUSA

No, I haven't wired anything yet. The truck has no power anything so it'll be homegrown wiring all the way. For now I'll probably just hook up the heat and LED if I can find the time on a warm day. Come spring/summer I'll do the whole shebang.

They do look impressive. What you see is the install right out of the box. They're designed for the 88-98 OBS so the have that OEM fit. They're also made in Taiwan so the quality is a bit better than some cheap Chinese knock-off.

I am very impressed with them. I'd been looking for a set of stainless west coast mirrors but when I saw these I said gotta have 'em!

17. MarkEagleUSA

After 5 days and 2 storms I'm liking these mirrors more and more each day. The improved visibility, especially at night, makes the expense worthwhile in my opinion.

The only complaint I have is that the glass vibrates at high speed. It's no worse than than my stock replacements were, but the larger mirror surface magnifies the problem.