1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

OBS Chevy 1500 Push plate install

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by Hank, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Hank

Hank Junior Member
    from MA

Hi all:

I did the normal "search" but really haven't turned up the info I was looking for.

I am installing a set of push plates on a 97 Chevy K1500 (Fisher MM1) I have them "almost" bolted in except for the last bolt(s) on the side of the frame.(the ones you have to drill out) Especially the one further back on the frame are there any "secrets" to getting that last bolts in? :help: I can't fit my sausage fingers inside the frame rail...:realmad: Or is it easier just to remove the bumper and be done with it? or did I just answer my own question...:rolleyes:

Thanks!!

Last edited: Jan 17, 2008
  2. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Take a combination wrench. Put a piece of paper towel over the box end then insert the nut. The Paper towel will hold the nut tight in the wrench so you can thread the bolt into it from the outside. Ive been using that trick fro alot of years. It works like a charm. let me know how you make out.

3. Hank

Hank Junior Member
    from MA

]
    Streetfrog you are the MAN!!!purplebou:drinkup: Great trick it worked perfect!!
    Here's a few pics of the install
    Plow install 008.jpg
    Plow install 009.jpg

Just noticed that I really need to wash my truck...Here's a pic of when she's clean.:cool:

Copy of DSC00063.JPG

Next it's time to hook up the wiring harness...:dizzy:

Thanks again!!

Plow install 008.jpg

Plow install 009.jpg

Copy of DSC00063.JPG

4. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

Glad I could help.:rolleyes: