1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Obama care- could cost you $100 a day

Discussion in 'Employment' started by Luke S., Sep 16, 2013.

1. Luke S.

Luke S. Junior Member
    from st.paul

2. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Link doesn't work for me. It was my understanding that it only becomes relevant if you have 50+ employees?

3. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Spent hours researching, it's going to be a disaster! unless your income falls under the 400% above poverty line then I'll be paying for your ins!

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I think its a 100 bucks a month.

5. leigh

from CT

You can get a seasonal policy!

6. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Perfect. That's what we get to plow the local Walmart so it all works out.

7. leigh

from CT

Only problem is your health ins will only be good at Walmart ! The nationals are the ones handling your care and ok'ing procedures. You'll have no problem with a prostate exam, they got that down to a science.Bend over again please:eek:

8. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

That is a monthly exam right?

9. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Thank you sir,may I have another?

[​IMG]

10. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

A couple of suggestions, a. Limited # of employees b. Part time employees

11. leigh

from CT

The problems aren't regarding employee participation, it's us as individuals purchasing healthcare. Costs are going up because of new minimum coverage rules. If you qualify for tax credits you're good. Married couple over 62 or 63 k and you foot the whole bill. I'm looking at 12-15 k a year at this point.Can only get tax break if you purchase a plan through your state exchange.If you get your plan through a broker or agent you can't get a rebate even if you 're income is below the max limit. Just have to wait and see! Nothing in life is free, you either have someone else pay for you or you pay for others.

12. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

most people will be happy when they signup. 50-100% subsidy for their health insurance. Whats not to love? Don't be successful or work to hard and you won't have to pay for yourself or others.

Just wait until people can't get in to see a doctor, the treatment they need isn't approved by the healthcare board, their hours at work are cut, the economy and employment shrink because wealthy and corps. move investment over seas, they have to prove to the IRS they have been and are current on their policies, investment in medical R&D is cut and new treatments are not available, and small business crumbles as people give up and join the masses in midiocracy government teet sucking.

13. Advantage

Advantage Senior Member

Then I'm moving to Canada. Oh, wait.............

14. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

I understand the problem individually, employee coverage was my reference.
    I've positive positioned myself currently for the upcoming cluster f?!!. as I understand it at this juncture, I could be mistaken only the future out come will be evidence if my preparation was a success or failure.