1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Oasis Reports On Two Trucks?

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by DeereFarmer, Apr 19, 2009.

1. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Could anyone run an Oasis report on these two truck for me?:

Truck #1
    VIN: 1FTSW21PX7EA11731

Truck #2
    VIN: 1FTWW31P76ED23172
  2. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Looks like both trucks are clean. The second one looks like it has a picky owner that takes it into the dealer a lot. Ford worked out a lot of the issues on the 6.0L after 2005.
  3. Milwaukee

Milwaukee 2000 Club Member

Wow that really picky owner:eek:. I wondered if dealer replace those for free.
  4. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Holy crap that second guy was after every little thing. They replaced the grill cause it had a scuff and the steering wheel because of a cut. lol wow Good luck with searchin for a truck!
  5. DeereFarmer

smoore45! You're the man!

This is the truck I'm leaning towards (#2). The thing is spotless. My far the nicest truck in the best condition I have ever seen. I'm picky and even I'm impressed with the condition of this one. The Oasis shows that the owner in fact was very picky! Let me know what you think. It has every option, new tires, and not a drop of rust anywhere, even the frame or the hitch.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2009
  6. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

My Jetta came from Lee's, had good luck with them, theyre about 10 min from me. One of their guys is realll good with diesels. Good luck! nice truck.
  7. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

#2 is a very nice looking truck - What will it be used for? Plowing? Farming? or Daily Driver?
  8. smoore45

smoore45 Senior Member

Heh, i didn't think about that at first, but it probably isn't a bad thing that the first owner was picky! The King Ranch's are really nice trucks. Real leather seats and lots of options, you would not be dissapointed with it. Let us know how it turns out.
  9. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Haha you missed havin a Crew cab truck that much huh? Lol ya man that king ranch looks really nice, im not a big fan of the powerstrokes, im a cummins guy myself. But hey a diesels a diesel and if it runs right and gets ya from point A to point B more power to ya. Keep us up to date man.
  10. DeereFarmer

It'll be used mainly as a daily driver and pulling a few horse trailer from time to time. It's more of a truck then I need, but I love crew cabs and want a diesel so bad. I'd be keeping my GMC for plowing and work. This truckw ould just be my baby and date rig hahaha. I'm more of a fan of Dodge and Cummins, but I don't discriminate. I've been looking for a very good King Ranch for a year and this is the one I want. I'm glad other people have had good success with Lee's. I drove 1.5 hours down there the other day but didn't get there until they were closed (traffic was bad). Seems to be a really nice place. The truck is spotless. I'm going to head back down sometime this week when I get some time off from working and take it for a spin and crunch the numbers.
  11. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

looks to be a nice rig, snatch her up
  12. DeereFarmer

Hopefully will be buying it tomorrow.
  13. DeereFarmer

Well, truck #2 was sold by the time I got there and was just not feeling truck #1 which was a bummer. Instead I bought this:

Got a good deal on it and a solid trade in for my Dakota. It's got every option, is sparkling clean, no dings/dents, owned by a 60 year old guy. The Ford place sold it to him new and he traded it in for an '09. I love it! It's my dream truck. I've wanted one since I could drive. I'm so happy. Not bad for a 21 year old. Man it's going to be hard to give up that money!
  14. metallihockey88

metallihockey88 PlowSite.com Addict

that is one sweet lookin truck but man are trucks expensive on the east coast. almost bought an 06, same as yours with 40k miles for $25k, mint condition orginally from florida but got an awesome deal on mine. but all that matters if your happy and thats good. hope it treats ya good, been happy as hell with my 6.0l, hope you have good luck with yours too. :drinkup: real question is what is gonna be dangling off the front end of that thing come october
  15. DeereFarmer

Thanks. There will be no plow on this truck... yet. Maybe some day when it gets a little older. I'm going to be plowing with my GMC 2500HD next year. This truck will be my daily driver, date rig, and horse trailer rig. All the real work will be lieft up to the GMC to keep doing. Trucks are VERY expensive here, especially good ones that arn't all beat up. I was looking at similiar truck like this one that were well into the $32K to 35K mark for a crew cab diesel lariat loaded with about 50K on the clock. Done even try to find a really good Cummins for under $27K that isn't all beaten to hell.