1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

O5 Tacoma DC getting Sno-Way 12/14

Discussion in 'Import and Other Trucks (Light Duty)' started by BenHD, Dec 11, 2007.

1. BenHD

BenHD Junior Member
    from So NH

Any advice on things I should do to my truck or look for in this plow. New plow from Sno-Way: 7'6" with down pressure and remote....for use in my own driveway and possibly a couple neighbors. Install is this Friday. My truck is the SR5 DC SB with Jeraco Cap. I have ok Yoko's for now, plan to get some Toyo Open Country A/T's soon. Driveway is on mountain side and over 600'. I am going with this, but wondering if any one else has similar plow setup on Tacoma. Or other plows on Tacoma's and how the Tacoma pushes snow. Only look for 05 & newer....tons out there on older models. Thanks....

2. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

I have a Fisher Homesteader on my 06 TRD extended.

It's great for plowing! The area below the wipers can get caked with ice quickly while plowing if it's cold.

I am running Cooper Discoverer studded snows.

3. BenHD

BenHD Junior Member
    from So NH

had new sno-way installed yesterday

Installer was able to move me up 1 day...just in time for first of two big storms to hit new england states.....works great....hit a nice job cleaning my driveway...love the remote

4. firebug130

firebug130 Member

I run a 6.5 steel Meyer plow on my 99 Tacoma with no problem. The sno way should be a better match for your truck though. Good Luck with it.

5. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

Good luck with your new setup. What town are you in?

6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Ben,

Congratulations on your purchase. With all that snow out there you should really give it a good test this weekend. :nod:

We at Sno-Way appreciate your business. Spread the word!! :D

7. BenHD

BenHD Junior Member
    from So NH

Hi All,
    I'm in Jaffrey...Mt Monadnock is right across the road. I see it everyday!!! We got plenty of snow over the last 4 days. About 20-22" I hear, wind makes it hard to measure. The Sno-Way plow was awesome, I love the remote!!!! Maybe a rear hitch sander next year!!!! That first 50-60 feet of drive near the road are a bear to plow. I had better luck pushing it all to the bottom then backing up the drive and repeat. Once I had it clear I was able to push some across the road and some side to side of my drive...not an easy location...just after corner and the slope of my drive make side way pushes difficult...uphill side of blade touches ground first, had to angle and leave up slightly to accomplish....pushing up the drive not happening for that area! Need to add some weight in the bed. Very happy with my purchase!!

8. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Welcome to the Sno-Way family. :D

Happy Holidays, :angel:

9. MOWBIZZ

MOWBIZZ Senior Member

Hmmmm....seems like you have a rather steep apron to the beginning of your driveway...I notice the same thing on some of my residentials...just open it up with the plow raised then attack it from the bottom or top straight on...works for me...I'm on the other side of the state in Salem...oh yeah...I have a SnoWay too...a 29 series.

10. BenHD

BenHD Junior Member
    from So NH

Thanks, Yeah it works best pushing down, my Tacoma may be a little light in the ass end for pushing up in this area....I tried to go up the drive with blade raised about 2", but only could get 1/2 way up this initial slope. I think I will continue to push down the drive these last 50-60 feet. Talked with several local plow guys, one guy plowed my driveway about 30 years ago when he was 18. He did it with an old Jeep, he said he had to back drag the first 50 feet when it was real deep. Maybe someday I can have that part of the drive re-worked...go thing my wife and son have all-wheel drives!!!

11. PA-plow-at-home

PA-plow-at-home Member

BenHD,
    Post some pictures for us, of your truck with the plow on it.

12. PA-plow-at-home

PA-plow-at-home Member

vtzdriver,
    Can you post some pictures of your truck with the plow on it?

13. vtzdriver

vtzdriver Senior Member
    from Vermont

Here are a couple of shots:

plow1_.jpg

plow2_.jpg

14. Patssfan

Patssfan Junior Member

Tom,

How is one of these Sno-way's on a Limited Slip Sport long bed Tacoma?

I've got a setup using a TMP Meyer on a 94 Ranger, that I am looking to sell after the season. I had hoped to switch it to the Tacoma, but it it doesn't look possible.

15. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

Old Thread, but I'd look for a Snoway 22. I'd get Timbrens done, and thats it.

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Have done a number of them. Nice match, the truck handles the plow well.

17. VTDave

VTDave Member
    from VT

BenHD, Nice-looking setup. I plow with an 05 Access Cab Tacoma 4cyl. I do almost all my plowing in low range. I also added a Detroit TrueTrac rear differential and studded Nokian tires. Now the truck is unstoppable. But I agree, the Taco isn't the best for pushing uphill....

18. ffproulx

ffproulx Junior Member

BenHD - where abouts in town do you live. I grew up there and my folks still live there. I am down here in VA now and just got dumped on with snow. I live on a private road and no one to plow it. No one down here has plows and our main road leading up to the private road was just plowed a couple hours ago, today, Monday - and it started snowing on Friday - we got 16 inches. Thinking about purchasing one to do our private road and maybe a few friends driveways. How is your truck holding up. I have an 05 double cab long bed that is lifted 3 inches sitting on 33's. Do you think the height increase would affect the plowing. Send me a PM if you want. Thanks