1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

o5 3500 6.0 check engine lite

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by dbduts, Dec 9, 2009.

1. dbduts

dbduts Member

I have 05 chevy 3500 6.0 dump 25000 miles check engine light came on checked it out said 02 senser bank 2 downstreem replaced both front and rear 02 light came back on 25 miles later.The truck feels like it loads up and gives off rotten egg smell{cat converter} just at low rpm or idling and wants to stall.Any ideas or experiences
    Thanks

2. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Mine had a similar issue and turned out to be a weak fuel pump. I would go get the pressure checked, while they are driving it. Also check for a plugged cat too. Possibility that the mass airflow sensor could be dirty. Clean it with some MAF cleaner and see if that helps

3. Mike N

Mike N Senior Member

The downstream sensor only monitors catalyst efficiency, nothing else. It doesn't contribute to how well the truck will or won't run.

As far as the other issues, check your fuel pressure regulator. Pull the vacuum hose off and check for fuel there. If there's fuel there, the regulator is junk and needs to be replaced.

4. dbduts

dbduts Member

I scanned truck again and it said o2 upstream ng also that the engine had numerous misfires I am replacing plugs and wires tommorrow and o2 sensers and I will check fuel pressure we 'll see what happens