1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

o4 truck selling prices

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by plowman777, Oct 17, 2004.

1. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

i see the 04 chevy silverado has a $5000 rebate...add in
    another 3300 off from the dealer so thats 8k + off list.

anyone buy an o4 recently?

i hope you all know about the section 179 tax credit
    which will save me another 5,000
    ;)

2. Trails End Lawn

Trails End Lawn Junior Member

tax credit??

i just bought an 04 chevy 2500 last week. it listed for $37,000 i got it for 27,000 when every thing was all done. then with my trade in hardly had a difference. Now is the time to buy an 04 this dealer was desperate to get ride of it. Sooo i helped them out.

i have not heard of this tax credit could you fill me in please.

3. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

tax credit

i just looked in the papers, ad specials all over...looks like lots of 04's still around...i saw a gmc 2500 for 17,988

anyway here is the link for the tax credit.....or just type section 179 in a search engine or on the irs website read about it.

http://www.taxguru.org/incometax/Rates/Sec179.htm

4. bugthug

bugthug Senior Member
    from Pa

My brother just bought a 2500HD(crewcab) gas for 27500.00

5. Robo

Robo Senior Member

I just bought an 04 reg cab long box HD and paid $21830 out the door. Over $11000 off retail...but that was before all the incentives ended. I would still bet there are some 04s left and great deals to be had.

6. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

they always have good deals plus 0.0% for up to 72 months now

7. zack136

zack136 Junior Member
    from N.Y.

I just bought a Dodge 2500 (SLT) Reg cab w/ many extras $24,025. Sticker was $33,775.

8. new2it

new2it Member

GMC 2500HD extended cab for 21.9K. I think it was 9700 in rebates. I am pretty happy with that. Should be just a bit better than the 87 F250 I have been using (POS. May it rust in HE#L).

9. plowman777

plowman777 Senior Member

i have just been phone shopping so they dont give that much of a break, but the best i have heard so far is gmc 2500hd reg cab list 29675...sell for 21341...8300 off ..from what you guys are saying i can do better than that...
    there are alot of them out there still...i may just start offering 10,000 off list and see what they say.

10. PetalsandPines

PetalsandPines Senior Member

Do Not Buy It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I bought a 3500 with the 8.1 Engine and Allison transmission....This truck is the biggest most poorly engineered POS I have ever purchased. The engine has the famous "Piston Slap"....every morning it knocks like a diesel for 1-5 minutes.... The Truck does not sit high enough off the ground and has terrible sightlines with the mirrors (Dump Truck). The brakes are too spongy. For God's sake their is not even a light for the ashtray. I can go on and on....Stick with a FORD!

11. NPCInc

NPCInc Junior Member

Three weeks ago I bought an 04 Chevy 3500, single rear wheel with the 6 litre for 26,xxx and got the 0% interest through GMAC. No morning piston slap. Is this something with the 8 litre specifically?

12. Robo

Robo Senior Member

Actually I think all the "new" vortec engines had it at one time. GM had the sizes between the pistons and the cylinders off so when cold they would slap. I know of a couple of 6.0s that do it, they also use a whole bunch of oil per oil change. My 99 never had it and never used oil in fact it ran better than a friend of mines 01. My 04 sounds great actually runs really quiet for that big of an engine.

I think the piston slap thing is total BS GM should have taken care of this. Good thing I didn't get one or they would have had one hell of a time making me think this was right....