1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

O2 sensor question.

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by 70monte, Sep 14, 2008.

1. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

I just purchased two replacement AC-Delco AFS105(gm#19178918) O2 sensors for my 98 K1500 Z71 with 5.7L. They look totally different than the original ones on my truck. They almost look aftermarket. I can't find a good link to the picture but there is a picture on the acdelco.com website under AFS105. The 19178918 # seems to be the new number for this part. On the body it says Assembled in USA, 5360, 02K08. I wish I had my camera here to take a pic.

Does anyone know who makes this new style sensor and if its as good as the originals? Should I have gotten the Bosch sensor which to me, looks better than this new Delco one? thanks.

Wayne

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The newer Delco branded 02 sensors don't impress me Wayne. They're not as durable as the originals that the general installed. Like everything else it's now the lowest bidder that gets the job...much of the Delco stuff has gone down hill.

I recommended the Bosch sensors over Delco's. :nod:

3. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

B&B,
    Thanks for the reply and info. I bought the new style Delco sensors on Ebay and they don't do returns unless the part is defective. I guess I will be stuck with them unless I sell them and buy the Bosch ones. I hate to see that Delco quality is going down. I pretty much try to stick with Delco sensors, tune up and electrical parts but if they are going down on quality, I will have to rethink this. Thanks again.

Wayne

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

Denso sensors blow bosch out of the watter.

Fit, quality, u name it. Bosch are better then standard but thats about it.
    http://www.densoproducts.com/product.asp?productCategoryID=2
    U wont be sorry,

Last edited: Sep 14, 2008
  5. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

brad96z28,
    Thanks for clarifying what brand the new ACDelco O2 sensors are. I went to their website and the replacements sensors I got looked just like the pictures on their website. I will see how well these hold up. Thanks again.

Wayne

6. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

B&B Was the one to actually clear that up.
    Who know who makes ac delco o2s.I know a ton of delco parts never look like the original part, and Is made or assembled in mexico most of the time.

I know denso sensors are made in japan. And they have been flawless.

7. 70monte

70monte Senior Member

Well,
    Your mention of Denso caused me to go to their website and the picture of their version of the AFS105 was exactly like the part I bought so I'm going to assume that the new ACDelco is a Denso. I will try it and see what happens.

Wayne