1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

O2 Sensor causing misfire?

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by Eggie329, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Eggie329

Eggie329 Senior Member

I have had a few posts on here recently about my 99' Ram 1500 5.2L randomly starting to misfire. Sometimes it will go for days and not miss. And other times I can even get it over 10 Mph. We have ruled out all of the normal causes such as gaskets, bad gas, plugs, wires, distributor, etc and a few shops have looked at it. The only thing I am thinking is an O2 sensor. I have and after market muffler on it and since it has been on my check engine light has always been on for that sensor. The shop that put the new trans in bent the exaust and threw in a muffler when they fixed it. When I asked them about it they said thats normal for an after market muffler to cause the check engine light to come on. Its been like this about a year and now problems. Could that sensor have gone bad over time from the muffler being on it?

Thanks for any help!