1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

O/S western T-handle mounting question, Cornbinder chime in

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by letersnow, Nov 20, 2005.

1. letersnow

letersnow Junior Member

I have noticed that "Cornbinder" and i run basically the same truck and plow ('92 dodge ram, cummins, auto, o/s western), so if he could chime in, that would be appreciated. But to anyone else who might know, what is the best way to run the cables from the T-handle to the front of the truck. The only hole in my firewall is behind my parking brake pedal, and there is just too many bends and not enough cable to mount the t-handle anywhere but to the left of the brake pedal, which is a royal pain trying to get in and out. If anyone could give me a hint as to the best way to get the thing rigged up, it would be much appreciated.
  2. Mowerpan

Mowerpan Senior Member

Mines not a dodge but I just explored under the dash till i found a existing hole with a grommet. I just push the cables through there and fished them to the front.
  3. cornbinder

cornbinder Senior Member

hey, sorry i didn't get back to ya sooner. any how on the t handle set-up i drilled a hole in the fire wall to the right of where your talking( if your in the truck) and mounted the t-handle just to the left of the transfer case shifter. if you've got the metal mounting bracket/stand you'll love the positioning!! another pointer, make sure you put something in the hole you drill in the fire wall, i sliced open a short piece of rubber fuel line, basically a hillbilly grommet, so the cables don't rub on the firewall and get damaged.i'm glad to talk to someone with a similar set-up like mine not to many older dodge's with cummins and westerns out there plowing! i've got 5 plow trucks and it is my favorite, and i won't let anyone else in it! also if you've got a 3 speed auto let me know those have a weak link in them and i'd hate to see you break it cause you didn't know about it.i hope i shed some light on the subject, pete
  4. LD4850

LD4850 Member

Mines not a dodge either but I ran the cables through the plate that the clutch would have gone through if I had a stick. Drilled a 1" hole in it & put a flat piece of rubber under it. Then just poke whatever size hole you need for the cables & power wire.Rubber seals around everything & keeps it from rubbing anything.