1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

O-ring leaking

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 24v6spd, Dec 8, 2011.

1. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

I have a Western unimount. When I raise the plow fluid leaks out of the valve body. Does anyone know which of the 3 O-rings is on this port. I just replaced all 3 last winter.

2. Moonlighter

Moonlighter Senior Member

It sounds like the center o ring went I had one go on me two years in a row, I used a slightly thicker one for the center and have not had a problem. If you have o ring kits you can pick the right fit. There are standard and metric in regards to o rings. Take the whole block off, clean it good with a dry cloth and make sure there is no corrosion of the aluminum that may have not let you seat the o rings. Keep in mind o rings are just rubber and can fail like anything else.

3. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

Thanks. I guess I will get an o-ring kit. Aot cheaper than buying individually from Western.

4. 24v6spd

24v6spd Senior Member

Went to Grainger and bought 2 bags of o-rings 100 of each size for $7.00. I should be set for awhile.