1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

O.K. MN guys, how much are we going to get?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Joel B., Mar 2, 2003.

1. Joel B.

Joel B. Senior Member
    from MN

"They" are predicting 1-3" for Monday, what do you think we'll actually get? I hate 1-3" forecasts, never know if I should put the plow on or wait and see how much we get.

Joel B.

2. Snoworks

Snoworks Senior Member

You know its bad in the upper Midwest, when we are getting exceited about a 1" to 3" storm!

Chuck B.

3. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

1.5" Just enough to not quite trigger. Yeah, this winter has me pessimistic.

4. edrenckh

edrenckh Member

My plow is on, truck is plugged in. I'm ready! I have a few 1" triggers. Let's get plowin'.....

5. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

our trigger is 1.5" If you don't have your plow hooked up, don't. As soon as you hook it up it won't snow.

6. Yzal

Yzal Member
    from ND

our trigger keeps getting less and less. old lady's calling when we get a half inch of snow. its not snowing west of you guys yet but it will be here my 12am. i'll place my bet at 1" or just a little more. weather man has always been a little on the high side all winter.

plows are on and the heats on in the shop.

7. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

It would be nice to get 2". That is my trigger for plowing. anything over .5" I have walks to do and usually put down some salt/sand. You know its been a slow season when you get excited over a 1-3" forcast

8. Mick

Mick PlowSite.com Veteran
    from Maine

People calling at 1"? I wish I had that problem. Up here, they want to wait till there's so much snow they can't get through it. Makes it bad when we get several little snows like we have lately. I just went to see about one drive in particular I do. There is several inches of build up and ruts. Now we got two inches last night with rain and it's frozen. Still can't go up there till he calls. Maybe the temps will get back up and it'll melt.

9. Yzal

Yzal Member
    from ND

finished up a few hours ago... final totals 1.5" WOW;) oh well another day another dollar!

10. NoStockBikes!!

NoStockBikes!! Senior Member

Where's my prize? :rolleyes: I hate being right when I'm being pessimistic.

11. butler L&S

butler L&S Member

I actually got to plow my whole route. 2" in the southwest suburbs.

The center shoe (hoof actually) fell of on my Boss V plow. This is the second one this year.

12. Yzal

Yzal Member
    from ND

3-7-03
    had about 3 inches last night and blowing, got to do my route 1 1/2 times. tonight there talking 5" whoopy!!! theres about 1/16" of snow on the ground. could be bs but im hoping for more.
    who would have thought that im still up from yesterday morning at 6:30 off of 3" of snow. oh well. i'll tell ya how much we get.

13. Yzal

Yzal Member
    from ND

ONE STINKIN INCH!

14. drobson

drobson Senior Member

Mick I have the same problem down here, a couple of customers that want to change the trigger to 8" because they only want a plow when they can't get out. I have told them that changing the trigger will increase the price. I try to make it a no brainer to keep it at a 3" trigger with price adjustments. Doesn't work all the time, but it's worth the effort to keep as many at 3" or less as possible.