1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

O Darn

Discussion in 'Ford Trucks' started by S & L LawnCare, Dec 11, 2005.

1. S & L LawnCare

S & L LawnCare Member

ok here it goes

went to go clean up some of the drive ways after the storm we had figured i would be nice and get the melted stuff off the drive ways

any ways went to go put 4X4 on and it doesnt work at all it clicks but doesnt work now the light says im in it but i know im not... the left front hub i can hear sounds like it grinding but wouldnt the right tire work if it was hubs idk could it be a hub please input ASAP we have another storm on its way on thurs

thanks Sean

2. exmark1

exmark1 PlowSite.com Addict

Sounds to me to be a hub problem! My uncle has a F-250 that did the same thing

3. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Time for new hubs, you might as well do both of them at the same time. :nod:

4. 06FX4Blizzard

06FX4Blizzard Member
    from NE ohio

my buddy ran into the same problem on his 02 f250.. he replaced both hubs to manual lockers..works great now. says the switch set up is junk..

5. infineon954

infineon954 Senior Member

That buddy is me and FX is right. Get manual lockers. However, make sure your problem is not extending any further than your hubs. Such as, a vaccum seal or U-joints. Both of those parts went bad on mine. Cost me $350 in aftermarket parts. The main part an entire hub an bearing assembly. Take those hubs apart and inspect for damage such as metal chafings inside the hub. Let us know what you make out. Either way I strongly suggest aftermarket hubs. Good luck !!

6. Jpocket

Jpocket Senior Member

I think it needs a BLOW JOB!:D

7. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

This is why I have a custom set of warn locking hubs. (they don't make them for a dually. But I made them work)

Ford hubs suck. Do what ever you can to replace them with warn hubs.

8. brickmason

brickmason Junior Member

I agree with switching to manual hubs. Had a 97 F-250 w/ automatic hubs, when they broke a mechanic told me to switch to manual. He said manuals were alot stronger.I bought a 04 F-250 two years ago and was glad to see it came with manuals.