1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by lakeeffect, Oct 7, 2005.

1. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Here is a sneak peak at the new Mack Granites that NYS will be running. They are all equipped with Henderson plows, wings and sanders. Some have oneways, some power angle, some single some double wingers. There are two types of bodies being put on, one like I have posted here and another "Munibody" with front discharge spreaders. They didn't have any harnessed up at Henderson when I was there but will see if I can get some more pics another time. This is very different for NYS DOT as they have run Internationals with V Boxes and Viking plows for many years and Fords prior to that. They haven't run Macks since the 70's. Mack and Henderson has a 5 year contract with NYS.

NYSDOT Mack Granite.jpg
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2005
  2. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

Here is a rear shot

NYSDOT Mack Granite rear.jpg
  3. lakeeffect

lakeeffect Senior Member

In contrast there is a new NYS Thruway Authority International 7600 Tandem with Viking equipment being delivered.

NYS Thruway new IH Tandem.jpg
  4. Oshkosh

Oshkosh PlowSite.com Addict

Wouldnt it be nice.....

Would'nt be nice to have something that new for once.Who am I kidding I wouldnt know what to do.
    Nice trucks just the same.
  5. Plow Chaser

Plow Chaser PlowSite.com Addict

Unreal!! I love Macks to death, but seeing NYS DOT without Ford LNs or International S-series is strange. Needless to say, the Granites are pretty wild.
  6. echovalley

echovalley Senior Member
    from CT

WOW those are some sharp trucks
  7. DBL

DBL PlowSite.com Addict

very good looking trucks...i hope they pay more then penndot but i would care how much they pay me to drive one of those
  8. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Very, very nice looking rigs.. :nod:
  9. 85F150

85F150 Senior Member

Nice IH's... At the County Road Comm they just got a bunch new tandem macks this year. All of them have the nice big visor upfront, they are using monroe boxes IIRC. THey have always used fords, ih, and then Sterling. No fancy side wings though, even though it would be nice for the two lane highways
  10. Ford-101

Ford-101 Senior Member

some more dot

11. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

Those Macks look like awesome snow machines!!!!!:nod: I wish they had stuff that cool around here:mad:
  12. cog-1

cog-1 Senior Member

Just curious how much h.p./torque those engines have to push 2 wings down the road...must be quite a bit! Nice trucks!
  13. HC plower

HC plower Member

Wow, a 2 year old thread brought back to life. Great pics though. Any of the new body style granites (different headlights and plastic fenders) with plows?
  14. Plow Chaser

Back from the dead thread!! I don't know the specifics on the HP of the double wingers, but I know it's a lot less horsepower on the DOT trucks than you will find on the old Macks, Walters, Oshes, and FWDs. I'd like to know the exacts myself.
  15. granitefan713

granitefan713 Senior Member
    from PA

If its any indication, Penndot has 260hp in their International 7400 single axles, 345hp in their single axle Mack Granites, and 425hp in their tandems and tri-axle Mack Granites.
  16. vplow

vplow Senior Member

Keep in mind the double-wingers DOT uses would be mostly for interstates and major state highways- generally they;d only be cutting througha few inches of snow at a pass on a relatively straight and level road. Not ramming through feet-deep drifts on steep country roads like the Town and County trucks deal with.
  17. Plow Chaser

I took those!!
  18. joef450snowplow

joef450snowplow Senior Member
    from ny

u want to see nysdot truck video go to google.com
    type in modern marvels sun go to more then click video click the first video and fast fowered to about 26/26 youll see the little numbers on the right hand side of the screen and watch or watch the hole video its realy good
  19. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks nice......i want winter sooner then later!:cry:
  20. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

ya think those would be good for my driveways:confused: