1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NYS Insurance?

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by AFSPLOWING, Oct 28, 2013.

1. AFSPLOWING

AFSPLOWING Member

I called my Insurance guy located in NJ He told me that a policy would run anywhere from 1750-2650 for 1 truck depending on Commercial or residential among other factors.Is this average? Does Anyone have an insurance guy i can contact?Thanks

2. AFSPLOWING

AFSPLOWING Member

Also No Financing must be paid in full.

3. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

That's what I'm paying for 2013. $1700. Just emailed my broker and told her that I would like to find out what I'll be paying come renewal in January, and whether or not that she would be able to shop me around.

Since 2012, I paid 1300, and with no claims went up $400 a year later, we can only guess what will be next year's pricing.

You won't find it available any other way in NJ, from what I understand, as too many contractors canceled their policies mid term, and the ins. companies don't want to rebate unused time any longer. They call the policies "fully earned".

4. AFSPLOWING

AFSPLOWING Member

That's what he told me,last year they were around 1300 its only a 6 month premium.

5. Dogplow Dodge

Dogplow Dodge 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Giver her a call and see what she can do for you.... if anything...

She might be only able to sell NJ, but it's worth a shot.

BIP insurance

Jamie Naurath
    Office: 609-268-2302 x105
    Cell: 609-760-0495
    Fax: 609-268-2120
    jnaurath@bipinsurance.com

6. AFSPLOWING

AFSPLOWING Member

I will Tomorrow Thanks!

7. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

I'm using Merchants Ins. $2500 for the year, pay monthly and I'm 22.

8. AFSPLOWING

AFSPLOWING Member

I hear ya.I will just keep shopping around

9. Ben/Insurance

Ben/Insurance Sponsor

Merchants is the way to go in my opinion. Great co, great claim service, good, stable rates and they will give you a nice billing plan. I am an agent for them for over 10 years and really like them.
    Ben/Insurance

10. Triton2286

Triton2286 Senior Member

Ben, you don't work for USI do you?

11. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Try here.

Karen P. Fial, ACSR

Client Service Adviser - Business Insurance

M&T Insurance Agency Inc

285 Delaware Ave Suite #4000 | Buffalo, NY 14202 | Office 716 651-4212| Fax 716 651-4290 | Toll Free 800 716-8314 | kfial@mandtinsurance.com

12. KIVALO

KIVALO Member
    from Uhh NO!

Are these auto policies or business policies your speaking of?

13. risin187

risin187 Member

M&t Karen fial

GV gave the info, All of our business ins ,workers comp,auto are with Karen at M&T insurance Buffalo,ny, she's great in all areas of business ins.

14. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

If you are the only one driving the truck and clean record, State Farm has a 1mil liability policy that can run you around 900-$1200 depending on the age of the vehicle.

15. MSsnowplowing

MSsnowplowing Senior Member

the only problem with state farm is they don't like you doing commercial lots. Resindence only.
    I was going with them till the underwriters found out I did commercial with more than 6 parking spots and I got dropped.

Their regular insurance for a plow truck is very good and so is their home owners insurance for the house.

The best GL liablity insurance I found was at GLquote.com

You get a payment schedule, I paid $300 down and $88 a month.

To get a certificate of insurance you just go online and put the information in and they will email it directly to you and your client within one hour of normal business hours.

16. countrysidelll

countrysidelll Junior Member
    from NY

if you're looking for a Gl, im in upstate NY. Paying 927/year for 1mil in lawn mowing and snow plowing. Even have a really good commercial auto coverage for cheap as well.

17. AFSPLOWING

AFSPLOWING Member

Who do you use?Thanks

18. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

Did he ever reply?? PM you maybe?

19. MajorDave

MajorDave Senior Member

MS - who do you go through for the Commercial/Business Truck?

20. countrysidelll

countrysidelll Junior Member
    from NY

Sorry, didnt see this. I use dryden mutual. I'm a smaller guy though. 1 truck. no employees if that makes any difference