1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NYC Plow Brand

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by derajfast, Jan 23, 2016.

1. derajfast

derajfast Junior Member

Does anyone know what brand of snow plows the NYC Department of Public Works uses?

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Any particular reason why?

3. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Kinda a broad question. Pickup, Med duty. Ten Wheeler?

4. dieselss

There's those details again....Bahahaha

5. Randall Ave

Randall Ave PlowSite.com Addict

Kinda like this morning. I'm getting gas, guy pull in with his fancy Dodge Cummins. Big Boss V plow. I was just wondering where the right side of his front bumper was? But why ask.

6. LapeerLandscape

LapeerLandscape PlowSite.com Addict

Sometimes the imagination of the story is better then the story itself..Thumbs Up

7. derajfast

derajfast Junior Member

I bought some stock in DD and want to know if NYC uses their products since they got a huge snow storm. I'm sure there's a whole bunch of plows that are used, but figure there's maybe some type of public record of which brand?

8. dieselss

I thought if it's over 6" they use flink, and over 8" they switch to snowdogg. Then over 15" it's meyer....20"+ it's boss all the way.
    So, guess your sol....Sorry

9. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

What no SnoWay's or SnoBears.......

10. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

DD does own the Henderson plow brand so it's possible that there are some being used in NYC. It's been tough to see what they're using because the ones I've seen have all been snow covered.

11. derajfast

derajfast Junior Member

Yeah aren't Henderson's products mostly orange and un-labeled? Not sure if there are others out there that look the same or not for the big DPW plows.

I did see a few Westerns yesterday, but not affixed to any of the official DPW rigs. Those were probably subcontractors or private businesses.

12. Shade Tree NJ

Shade Tree NJ Senior Member

Nyc sanitation plows are at least 15yrs old....beat up rusted orange nameless plows. Smaller plows on pick ups etc for the city is a mix of usual brands.