1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by warrior, Feb 27, 2010.

1. warrior

warrior Junior Member
    from md

Just a dusting

2. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

Nice piles. Looks heavy. Yuck!
  3. mkwl

mkwl 2000 Club Member

This storm was insane- trees and lines down EVERYWHERE! I'm down in North Bergen County- we got the same heavy, wet snow- and lots of it- just about ran out of places to push the snow!
  4. warrior

warrior Junior Member
    from md

same here had to make some room last night for the next one

Last edited: Feb 27, 2010
  5. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

Funny thing happened to me Friday.After I got all done with my accounts,some frantic cold calls were coming in.This 1 guy was telling me he has a 500' long driveway in Fishkill,got 30'' of snow, and he had 2 plow operators there,both were getting stuck and couldn't really move the snow.He asks me if I could bring in my loader.I said yeah,but the price will be expensive and I have a V plow,those other guys just had straight plows.Now keep in mind my accounts are only 6-7 miles away from where this man lives and I only saw the most snow of maybe 14'' after the whole week was done.I'm thinking he's telling a little fish story here.He wasn't.I actually had to drop my plow on the road he lives on just to get there,as the town in 4 days did'nt plow it yet.I arrive and now I wish I came with my loader.There's a 6' high pile of snow right in the middle of the start of his drive.It took me 2 hours of extreme discipline working carefully not to hurt my truck or to get stuck.I left with 4.5 foot windrows on each side of the drive.Boss 9'2er V and Dmax--gotta love em.
  6. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

We got a bit more across the river from you guys in Fishkill, I was looking at 2 feet around Newburgh/New Windsor and closer to 30'' in the higher elevations of Cornwall. Definitely a crazy storm, we were cutting up trees just to get to accounts to plow, had to cut and move 5 trees out of a private road I plow, not to mention all the branches across driveways, even had to cut up a tree on a major roadway to get past it into town. I'm glad I brought saws out with me, I never would have been able to get through the snow at the end of the storm if I didn't keep up with everything.
  7. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

A few pics from our night

8. Lugnut

Lugnut Senior Member

a few more, the walkway shows the accumulation we got better than some of the piles from driveways