1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NY Home Depot

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by nwalsh213, Sep 19, 2012.

1. nwalsh213

nwalsh213 Junior Member

Does anyone know which maintenance co. won the contract for snow removal for Home Depot here in NY? USM did not get it this year. Any help would be great, thnx.

2. hotshot4819

hotshot4819 Senior Member

NH wasn't awared to usm either... now we are in a scramble to find out also....
    please keep me posted if you figure out... maybe same company

3. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

Brickman got 6 states....not mine though.

4. hotshot4819

ill have to give them a buzz tomorrow...
    only reason i am pushing it... we have a larger loader doing a target, and the parking lot attached is a home depot. would be really nice to double dip . machine is already there

5. ManorLandscape8

ManorLandscape8 Member

brickman did not get NY either

6. hotshot4819

nwalsh
    just got off the phone with springwise,, they got new york...
    best of luck

7. nwalsh213

nwalsh213 Junior Member

Yes thanks hotshot! I got a call from Springwise also. Good Luck to you too!:salute:

8. hotshot4819

thanks... we have yet to figure out who has it.... spingwise did not get NH.....
    I am starting to get frustrated with the fact no one has a clue..... lol

9. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

Might be better off not finding out

10. Masssnowfighter

Masssnowfighter Senior Member
    from ma

Does anybody know who has them in mass? I know brickmans doesnt

11. hotshot4819

I heard the nationals don't even have an answer yet....

I talked to sheilds and case snow management, and they said they are still waiting for an answer....

Ive called at least 15 nationals, and have yet to figure out NH home depot

12. Masssnowfighter

from ma

Hotshot, let me know if you hear anything and i will do the same for you. I talked to the five nationals I deal with and they are all waiting for a response. I am in the same boat you are in, I do a grocery store with the only thing seperating it from the home depot lot is a 4' island

13. hotshot4819

Sounds fair . I'll be calling non stop tomorrow .
    We don't even have an island separating ours haha

14. John143

John143 Senior Member
    from NEPA PA

USM's got the depot's in PA, I got the email a few days ago. Good luck in your town!

15. Lake George Boy

Lake George Boy Junior Member

I just got a the paperwork back from springwise and they are offering us 1/3 of what USM had us plow Home Depot for

16. hotshot4819

1/3 is what number compared to last year ?
    Ours locally went for
    Last year with USm

17. Lake George Boy

Lake George Boy Junior Member

they are paying 18k for home depot not sure if they take 10% of that

18. Masssnowfighter

from ma

$18k... ouch!! I never thought I would look back at USM reighn of terror the past decade as the "the good ole days" when nationals paid a somewhat fair price.

If I was you I would string them along as long as you can, then the day before a storm tell them to go pound sand. Then you can sit back and laugh as they scramble to fill that position at such a horrible price. Or you can demand more money, that tactic worked for me last winter. I dragged my feet for a month and half without signing the contract leaving them with the impression that I was doing it for there price, then when the first storm was a day away I demanded $15k more then what they where offering and they ended up accepting my offer.

19. RLM

RLM PlowSite.com Addict

It's amazing to hear the tatatics you guys are using to get more money out of the nationals. But then you turn around and complain about how they treat contractors.

20. Masssnowfighter

from ma

Besides the low pay and the slow payments I dont have any complaints about the nationals. I actually find them easy to work for and never had any problems. But that doesnt mean I wont try to squeeze every last dollar out of them as I can, especailly when I know that they dont have anyone else in my area they can turn too.