1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

NY guys, Need affordable health insurance

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by green frog, Nov 15, 2007.

1. green frog

green frog Senior Member

I have had Healthy Choice NY for the past year but my wife maxed out her scripts since aug. I am only paying $420.00 for me and my wife but since aug I am paying $650.00 for my wife's scripts. With my own co-pays I am paying $1300-$1400 a month. My business finally is starting to grow but can't find insurance for under $1000 a month. Any help welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

I was going to say Healthy NY but you have that.It's going to get worst rates are going up 15-25% next year. Check with you Chamber of Commerce .

3. KarlG

KarlG Junior Member

Think about setting up a MSA for your business. You put away up to about $4600 tax free and spend it on any health related expense. Since you then are shopping for insurances with high deductable the rates are much lower.

4. bribrius

bribrius PlowSite.com Addict

or if your business is slow or you have time pick up a part time job to get benefits. then quit and keep the cobra. i think the cobra would be cheaper than what your paying and carry on the benefits for up to a year. then get a part time job again.

5. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If you can afford COBRA ,than you cab afford to buy regular insurance.